Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Forestry belt and buckle

Article about: Hi Recently moved into a house in Germany and have inherited a lot of stuff from the previous owners. Furniture etc not all of it very interesting or wanted! However in the attic tucked away

Smile Forestry belt and buckle

Hi

Recently moved into a house in Germany and have inherited a lot of stuff from the previous owners. Furniture etc not all of it very interesting or wanted!

However in the attic tucked away in a corner was a box with a silver/green belt and buckle - looks to be in pristine condition. Now we know that the owners of the house had a son who was in charge of the forest locally prior to his death. Along with the belt we also have a letter asking his father for an assessment of his skills for further training. (google translated) We also have a diary that is written in old German and appears to relate to the forest work (not confirmed as my neighbours dad wouldn't read it as he stated its personal writings) we also have a couple of albums with some war photos in.

So I discovered the origin of the belt from google searching and coming across this forum, it doesn't have an A on the back the buckle or a number that I can see but I have no reason to believe it isn't genuine. I'd just like to know a rough idea of value (if any). I'm hoping to attach some pics - have blanked out the name of the forest and person to whom it relates.Forestry belt and buckleForestry belt and buckleForestry belt and buckleForestry belt and buckleForestry belt and buckleForestry belt and buckle

Thanks in advance

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Forestry belt and buckle
    P
    Many

Do not know what to say here, but I doubt the brocade belonged to the person for the letter.
    He was mentioned to be a private forestry employee (Privatforstanwärter). They did not wear
    an eagle in the inner. Further he could attend a school. I doubt he yet had a rank and so was
    not allowed to wear a brocade at all.
    Nor do the dates match for wearing. Brocades were not worn in 1943 anymore, and surely not
    in 1944. With an order dated May 23, 1942 and in accordance with the Armed Forces the
    Parade Dress and Formal (evening) Dress were no longer worn within German territory. And so
    the brocade and aiguillette were out of order!

Post 4: if the father was a forestry employee it is possible the brocade could be his. This is
    another mattter of course!

Hello and welcome to the forum, your pics are a bit blurry but the buckle looks genuine enough and probably an unmarked Assmann. In US a dealer would sell these from around $350-400 dependant on condition. Here is one for comparison for you to look at
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Forestry belt and buckle   Forestry belt and buckle  

Forestry belt and buckle   Forestry belt and buckle  

Forestry belt and buckle  
    Ben

ah there is another letter from 1940 it may have been the fathers? I'm not 100% as I have limited german and google translate isn't brilliant. There was another smaller piece of paper from Bonn dated 1940 which appears to relate to a qualification of some sort.

many thanks Ben, my picture taking skills are not brilliant I'll freely admit! I will try and get some better pictures tomorrow in natural light.

Hard to tell from the pics but look at yours in this area, it seems a little square but hard to tell, if you can take some pics of the buckle with the Macro on in natural light

- - ------- - -

Quote by bluejoppo View Post
    many thanks Ben, my picture taking skills are not brilliant I'll freely admit! I will try and get some better pictures tomorrow in natural light.
    Lol, you beat me to it
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Forestry belt and buckle  
    Ben

Just moved the thread to the Brocades sub forum
    Ben

nice belt.