Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help needed with some officer belts. LW / Heer / tropical / Police

Article about: HI guys, I have some belts..and I'm wondering if they are original German. Ben adviced me to post some photo's. Your help is much apreciated! #1 , a Luftwaffe belt. There is a maker mark on

?

Question Help needed with some officer belts. LW / Heer / tropical / Police

HI guys,

I have some belts..and I'm wondering if they are original German.

Ben adviced me to post some photo's. Your help is much apreciated!

#1 , a Luftwaffe belt. There is a maker mark on the back of the buckle. The are small marks on the belt. I wonder if it is original.

Help needed with some officer belts. LW / Heer / tropical / PoliceHelp needed with some officer belts. LW / Heer / tropical / PoliceHelp needed with some officer belts. LW / Heer / tropical / PoliceHelp needed with some officer belts. LW / Heer / tropical / PoliceHelp needed with some officer belts. LW / Heer / tropical / PoliceHelp needed with some officer belts. LW / Heer / tropical / PoliceHelp needed with some officer belts. LW / Heer / tropical / PoliceHelp needed with some officer belts. LW / Heer / tropical / PoliceHelp needed with some officer belts. LW / Heer / tropical / Police
    Last edited by us1945; 03-05-2011 at 11:07 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Help needed with some officer belts. LW / Heer / tropical / Police
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Help needed with some officer belts. LW / Heer / tropical / Police

#2, this must be an original belt. But I wonder what organisation used them. I might put it on the FS forum, but not till I know what it is

Help needed with some officer belts. LW / Heer / tropical / PoliceHelp needed with some officer belts. LW / Heer / tropical / PoliceHelp needed with some officer belts. LW / Heer / tropical / Police

?

#3 , looks like an original buckle and an original belt. The strange thing is that the buckle is used and the belt mint.

Note that somebody made the hooks just a half a mm wider with a dremel.

Hopefully somebody can tell me more..real buckle/belt?

Help needed with some officer belts. LW / Heer / tropical / PoliceHelp needed with some officer belts. LW / Heer / tropical / PoliceHelp needed with some officer belts. LW / Heer / tropical / PoliceHelp needed with some officer belts. LW / Heer / tropical / PoliceHelp needed with some officer belts. LW / Heer / tropical / PoliceHelp needed with some officer belts. LW / Heer / tropical / PoliceHelp needed with some officer belts. LW / Heer / tropical / PoliceHelp needed with some officer belts. LW / Heer / tropical / PoliceHelp needed with some officer belts. LW / Heer / tropical / PoliceHelp needed with some officer belts. LW / Heer / tropical / PoliceHelp needed with some officer belts. LW / Heer / tropical / PoliceHelp needed with some officer belts. LW / Heer / tropical / PoliceHelp needed with some officer belts. LW / Heer / tropical / PoliceHelp needed with some officer belts. LW / Heer / tropical / PoliceHelp needed with some officer belts. LW / Heer / tropical / PoliceHelp needed with some officer belts. LW / Heer / tropical / PoliceHelp needed with some officer belts. LW / Heer / tropical / PoliceHelp needed with some officer belts. LW / Heer / tropical / Police
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help needed with some officer belts. LW / Heer / tropical / Police  

?

#4 a police buckle, is it original? It came on a LW belt. This is a piece I might sell, same story for the belt (not displayed).

I make better pics if needed, already dark overhere. This was the last buckle for today.

Hope that somebody can check my buckles

Help needed with some officer belts. LW / Heer / tropical / PoliceHelp needed with some officer belts. LW / Heer / tropical / PoliceHelp needed with some officer belts. LW / Heer / tropical / Police

Hi Tommy, I never really collected officer buckles but I like the first two buckles and I am having a good look at the Heer and police
    Ben

?

Hi Ben,

Thank you for your time.

Is there anybody who collects these? And can give more info (confirm Ben's toughts)

And what about the black belt? (type,,heer or political?)

Cheers Tommy
    us1945@hotmail.com

Hi Tommy
    The Luftwaffe Buckle is gorgeous Nice Assmann made one. The Army is just as nice, and the black officers is as you suspect, a political one.
    Some nice buckles and belts you have there. nice one

Can't offer any help with the black belt - but it certainly looks period to me. I think the Air Force brocade is a good one with the buckle being Assmann made. The web belt (DAK) officer's belt looks real but I have to say that I feel iffy with the buckle - the eagle looks "weird" to me. That said: I've never handled one in person and have only seen a few examples so I very well could be wrong. It looks properly sewn on to the belt though - so I'm hoping others who have more experience with these can help you. I'm on the fence about the police officers' buckle. It looks good but different from my example - but it looks a little different (construction on the back) and mine is dated.
    CHeers!

Rob

?

Hi Guys, thanks you for your time

About the tropical belt:

I'm pretty sure that somebody (either the WH or somebody else) bent/opened the hook of the buckle to attatch the sling). The buckle is used, no doubts about that. The belt does not have a sign of use.

Also I'm almost sure that buckle itself is original and so is the sling, a big tropical collector from NZ confirmed that.

But the main question is..how is it possible to bent the metal hook of the buckle? That will brake? (or not trying it only twice)

Note that the sling-hooks are not painted, those belong to the mint sling. So I think somebody put this together from an complete original belt and a buckle? I made extra photo's.

Help needed with some officer belts. LW / Heer / tropical / PoliceHelp needed with some officer belts. LW / Heer / tropical / PoliceHelp needed with some officer belts. LW / Heer / tropical / PoliceHelp needed with some officer belts. LW / Heer / tropical / PoliceHelp needed with some officer belts. LW / Heer / tropical / PoliceHelp needed with some officer belts. LW / Heer / tropical / PoliceHelp needed with some officer belts. LW / Heer / tropical / Police
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help needed with some officer belts. LW / Heer / tropical / Police  

?

About the Luftwaffe belts

The police buckle came off a Luftwaffe sling with blue velvet on the inside and a different style of hooks (then the nice mint Luftwaffe belt on top of this thread). btw The nice mint Luftwaffe buckle/belt has blue cotton on the inside.

What makes the difference of both Luftwaffe slings? The nice Luftwaffe belt ihas a system with a small brass hook

I'm sure that the belt without buckle had ones a buckle with hook which had 2 prongs so it could be attached to the sling (like the police buckle).

I made also new photo's for a closer inspection. Note that the seperate (ex police buckle) sling is a little bit broken, some glue and it's fixed. It's not all the way through the hook.

Help needed with some officer belts. LW / Heer / tropical / PoliceHelp needed with some officer belts. LW / Heer / tropical / PoliceHelp needed with some officer belts. LW / Heer / tropical / PoliceHelp needed with some officer belts. LW / Heer / tropical / PoliceHelp needed with some officer belts. LW / Heer / tropical / Police
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help needed with some officer belts. LW / Heer / tropical / Police   Help needed with some officer belts. LW / Heer / tropical / Police  

Help needed with some officer belts. LW / Heer / tropical / Police   Help needed with some officer belts. LW / Heer / tropical / Police  

Help needed with some officer belts. LW / Heer / tropical / Police   Help needed with some officer belts. LW / Heer / tropical / Police