Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

KM Admin Officer Brocade & Buckle

Article about: Guys I am not so hot on these items, please can you give me your opinion Many thanks and much appreciated Nick

Default KM Admin Officer Brocade & Buckle

Guys

I am not so hot on these items, please can you give me your opinion

Many thanks and much appreciated

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture KM Admin Officer Brocade & Buckle   KM Admin Officer Brocade & Buckle  

KM Admin Officer Brocade & Buckle   KM Admin Officer Brocade & Buckle  

KM Admin Officer Brocade & Buckle   KM Admin Officer Brocade & Buckle  

"In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement KM Admin Officer Brocade & Buckle
    P
    Many

Nick, nice original buckle by Friedrich Linden, not a popular Brocade for some reason but none the less original
    Ben

?

If the buckle had been produced with a eagle and swastika perched on the anchor you would triple the value and the collector interest?

Must agree Kirby, I think you are right
    Ben

Thank you guys
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Why would this one be produced with out the eagle and swas?

?

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Why would this one be produced with out the eagle and swas?
    Old Navy tradition would be my guess. They put swastikas on almost everything but not these. They. Also didn't have one on the swords.

Yes you are correct Kirby. I have copied this courtesy of the Collectors Guild;

Military belts and their corresponding buckles date back centuries and were initially designed for attaching swords and daggers. In 1847 a new innovative box buckle with a quick release catch and corresponding belt were introduced which resulted in a Prussian, Hauptmann Virschow, initiating a new method of carrying personal equipment with the belt and shoulder straps supporting the majority of the weight. This system, with modifications, remains in use in most of the armies in the world to this day. During the Third Reich there was a prescribed form of wear of the belt and buckle with the buckle being positioned on the right side and the corresponding buckle catch on the left side. In 1869 Wilhelm I introduced a new brocade belt and belt buckle for wear by naval Officers with the formal evening dress, dress, parade and walking out uniforms and the full dress and service dress on special occasions. In 1902 Wilhelm II altered the dress buckle by the adding his "W" monogram cypher superimposed over the fouled anchor. On December 15TH 1921 the Weimar era Reichsmarine, (National Navy, Circa 1919-1933), introduced a new brocade belt and buckle which followed the basic design of the Imperial brocade belt and dress buckle but eliminated the crown and "W" monogram. After Hitler’s rise to power the reorganized Kriegsmarine retained the Reichsmarine brocade belt and dress buckle for Line Officers. Originally the buckles were only produced with a gilt finish until 1934 when a silver version for Administrative Officials with the equivalent of Officers ranks was introduced. The Officer’s/Administrative Officials’ belt buckle came in two sizes with a roughly, 57mm, (2 1/4"), diameter buckle for wear with the brocade dress belt and a smaller, roughly, 38mm, (1 1/2"), diameter buckle for wear with the black fabric undress belt.

Woolgar: In 1902 Wilhelm II altered the dress buckle by the adding his "W" monogram cypher superimposed over the fouled anchor.

Largely the rest of the text is okay, but I would like to correct the year 1902. In practically all books this is wrong.

There was a specific event for introducing the "W", the 200 years of existing of the kingdom of Prussia.
    The exact date of the introduction for the "W" is January 18, 1901
    (see publication from the Marineverordnungsblatt for reasons and the date):

KM Admin Officer Brocade & Buckle KM Admin Officer Brocade & Buckle

The TR-version was available in my country (the Netherlands) in the 1970's for less
    then a dollar! Nobody wanted them for reasons obvious: no swastika. All one could
    find overhere were from Friedrich Linden.

Thank you for the correction Wilhelm

Nick

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast