Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NSFK Officer Buckle

Article about: Hello Unfortunately, there is no provenance. Came from dealer, that's make "situation" even worse There is one more opinion has come from the person with no idea about Buckles but

Default NSFK Officer Buckle

Hello
    Posting this Buckle on behalf a friend of mine.
    What will be Your commets to this always doubtful piece not only because of the rarity but because of the 2 piece constraction You can always do something with if You are skillful enough

Thank You in advance.
    Alex.

PS: already on WAF but there is no verdict yet.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSFK Officer Buckle   NSFK Officer Buckle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSFK Officer Buckle
    P
    Many

Default Re: NSFK Officer Buckle

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSFK Officer Buckle   NSFK Officer Buckle  

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSFK Officer Buckle  

I'm sorry....I do not believe this buckle is authentic. Construction does not look right and the OLC markings are also dubious on these types of brocades.
    I could be wrong....but if given the chance to add this buckle to my collection: I would pass.
    Rob

?

wings & rivits look bad

Hello and Thanks for Your comments.
    I am also not so pleased with the rivets but Who can say for sure When was it put together ?
    I DO like Icarus insignia itself. It's nicely done dies struck pieces, and it's for sure.
    and Do pay attantion to the wings, How " thick " it is on the wings tips and " thin" at the area next to the "Guy". Looks, They had an idea ( doesn't matter Who were it ? ) How to keep overall geometry / symmetry of the buckle ?
    and insignia is bended at absolutely right way to follow the surface of the buckle itself.

Thanks again.
    Alex
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSFK Officer Buckle  
    Last edited by alexhip; 04-11-2011 at 08:53 PM.

It is aesthetically well done, but to me, the age/wear/toning of the winged Icarus
    figure is not in keeping with the 'minty fresh' look of the aluminum buckle itself.
    There is absolutely no wear to the buckle at all............
    Regards,

Steve.

Hello
    You are right. The Icarus has some slight wear to highpoints but overal condition is really good. Probably duty of covering stiker ( swastika ), could this buckle be displayed for many times anywhere on Europian shows ? The Paint against the Glue, Who was the winner ? The insignia has no usual traces of wear You could expect on the piece was here and there.
    and as You pointed, We have here Alu and tombak. Should it be the same condition for 2 absolutely different material ?

Thank You.
    Alex.

Hello all,
    It is very hard to say if this is legit or not. This very rare type of buckle has been faked before, but this one looks very like how an original should look. The older fakes had dodgy prong assemblies common to other LW officer fakes. The pics here are good, but having the buckle in hand and knowing the provenance would help. I have not seen NSFK fakes of this quality on the market recently, although I have often been shocked at what the ingenious fakers can accomplish. As for the buckle being minty, that does not mean it is fake---I have fossil shark teeth that are several million years old and they look as if they dropped out of the giant beast's mouth yesterday.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast