Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

NSFK Officer's buckle

Article about: This does not belong to me but I would be interested in any comments on it's origianlity. I know these are widely copied. This one looks to have some possiblilities. Any commnets are appreci

Default NSFK Officer's buckle

This does not belong to me but I would be interested in any comments on it's origianlity. I know these are widely copied. This one looks to have some possiblilities. Any commnets are appreciated.

thanks,

Bill
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NSFK Officer's buckle   NSFK Officer's buckle  

NSFK Officer's buckle  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement NSFK Officer's buckle
    P
    Many

Default Re: NSFK Officer's buckle

Sorry Bill, I never collected Officer buckles other than Heer
    Ben

Default Re: NSFK Officer's buckle

Dear Bill

A quite interesting buckle and to be perfectly honest, I think that you have hit the nail on the head by suggesting that "this one looks to have some possibilities". No more and no less. Yes of course we all know that the NSFK leaders buckle is widely faked and they are openly advertised and sold as such. To my mind these buckles are not the problem and instead, it is the bespoke "super fake". The scenario of targeting a little documented buckle, sourcing an original neutral, sourcing an original emblem and then, skillfully marrying the two basic components. For myself personally, I have never seen a NSFK leaders buckle with provenance and in order to make comparisons. What I do know though is that there is an awful lot talked about the quasi Icarus emblem insofar as an obvious indicator toward original v fake. I actually quite like the quality of the emblem on the buckle shown, although I particularly like the method of affixing and the apparent smooth contour of the emblem against the buckle face.

As earlier suggested and in my (our) opinion,"this one looks to have some possibilities".

Regards,

David