Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Openface Wehrmacht officer's buckle with EM style hook closure

Article about: I've know that Assmann also made these styles, but it's the first time I ever came across one, so I thought I'd share it as an interesting oddity. On the surface, it appears to be a normal Z

Default Openface Wehrmacht officer's buckle with EM style hook closure

I've know that Assmann also made these styles, but it's the first time I ever came across one, so I thought I'd share it as an interesting oddity. On the surface, it appears to be a normal Zweidornkoppel, but the claws are actually only for show and the belt has a hook closure like an EM style belt. It's nicely felt-backed, so it must have been meant as a fancy item for officers, who wanted to avoid having crinkles on their belts, but the superfurlus nature of the design also explains why this type is rarely seen on belts.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Openface Wehrmacht officer's buckle with EM style hook closure  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Openface Wehrmacht officer's buckle with EM style hook closure
    P
    Many

Very nice Nick!
    Never seen one like this before. I believe the claws would be for sizing, (similar to the combat belts), not just for show.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Yes, of course, the claws were for sizing, but the point was once you had it adjusted, there was no need to weave the belt through the buckle.