MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Political Leaders belt buckle: authentic?

Article about: Just got this belt buckle for \\$100 at a flea market. After looking online for similiar ones I see them going for up to \\$700 with the same rzm and no belt. Did I just make one hell of a deal

?

Default Political Leaders belt buckle: authentic?

Just got this belt buckle for $100 at a flea market. After looking online for similiar ones I see them going for up to $700 with the same rzm and no belt. Did I just make one hell of a deal or just fell for a repro?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Political Leaders belt buckle: authentic?   Political Leaders belt buckle: authentic?  

Political Leaders belt buckle: authentic?   Political Leaders belt buckle: authentic?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Political Leaders belt buckle: authentic?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Political Leaders belt buckle: authentic?

You've got a good buckle there. I have never seen them go for $700 though! $140 is about what they sell for. Where on earth did you see a $700 Pol. Leader buckle!?
    $100 is a good buy. Looks like it is in great condition.

Rob

?

I was doing an rzm search for the maker and I remember 2 auctions came up for political leader belts. one was 700 the other 400 i think. When I saw that I was kinda scared I had gotten a hold of a repro; however, I did see some for 150 so I guess those guys were just trying to milk unsuspecting people out of some cash.

Measure this buckle. If it is ca. 2" it is for the brocade. M4/24 is the only maker that produced the smaller size buckle as well as the 2 1/2" size. make a big differene in price.

bill

Bill makes a very good point. The smaller buckles are quite hard to find and much more expensive. That said - given the pics, I would say we're looking at the regular 2.5inch model (unless the owner has a small hand! )

Cheers!

Rob