Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Political Leaders buckle...

Article about: Just got a Political Leader's buckle, M4/72 Wilhem Deumer, 57mm for leather belt. I don't collect officer's buckles or brocades, only EM buckles, but the price was good and I just fancied it

Default Political Leaders buckle...

Just got a Political Leader's buckle, M4/72 Wilhem Deumer, 57mm for leather belt. I don't collect officer's buckles or brocades, only EM buckles, but the price was good and I just fancied it...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Political Leaders buckle...   Political Leaders buckle...  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Political Leaders buckle...
    P
    Many

?

Very nice buckle

a little of what you fancy does you good.nice buckle Lenny.

Love it!...

I was like that Lenny, but as a mod I think I need more knowledge of Brocades and officer buckles, thats why at the mo I am selling off some of my buckles to buy more officer brocades (SS ones) problem is to learn about buckles I have found that you cannot beat having the buckles in your hands, I had over 200 heer buckles at one time and you learn to look at a buckle and the maker becomes familiar with the features. So in all gents, if you frequent shows/fairs quite a bit get around trhe stalls and pick up and feel and examine buckles you are not familiar with, your memory will recall these images at a later date (BTW I am not doing very well at the saving money bit, I was offered a 1917 Artillry Luger with all the trimming at a price I could not turn down, best I sell some more buckles lol )
    Ben

Funny how collections go through phases. I'm happy to stick to EM buckles as I said, but if something comes my way... well, you know how it goes. I've got am imminent pickelhaube coming in the next few weeks so I do get distracted. On one hand you could say, instead of picking up pickelhaube, etc. etc. just stick to buckles, but it's all about enjoying collecting, not too serious. Well, for me anyway. I have no intention of collecting pickelhaubes, had a few over the years but just want one nice example for my office...

Artillery luger???? wow, lovely, pics on the forum yet??? I've loved the artillery's. Never owned one, but handled a fair few. In a previous life, as a Police Photographer, I had access to our ballistics collection. Boy, was that interesting... I would have let them lock me in every weekend if I could. I shot on the Police rifle team, so if I was on the range and some of my pals from ballistics were down, well, lets just say I was like a pig in shit....

Also echo what Ben says, there is no substitute for handling the items... We don't see as much nice stuff here in the UK compared to the US though, and less Militaria Fairs. I had hoped to go to Biringham yesterday but had to work... :-(

What was it Ernie Pyle, the famous WW2 war correspondent said... "The British fight for their homes, the Germans fight for glory and the Americans fight for souvenirs."