Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Prototype

Article about: This is a buckle I have wanted from the first time I saw the original edition of Angolia's buckle book. Most of the books list it as unknown or as Diplomatic prototype. It has been named the

?

Default Prototype

This is a buckle I have wanted from the first time I saw the original edition of Angolia's buckle book. Most of the books list it as unknown or as Diplomatic prototype. It has been named the batman or bat wing prototype. Some of the books say this was only worn on a bocaade belt. I think diplomatic brocades are standard size, so this buckles keepers would be to large for a standard brocade. The keeper are slightly to small to fit on a 60mm Political Leaders leather belt. A few years ago one of these buckles showed up on WAF. It was on a high quality 1934 dated brown leather belt.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Prototype   Prototype  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Prototype
    P
    Many

Default Re: Prototype

Great nice buckle. They are hard to find these days. An old friend of mine from California, got them by the lots in the fifties from a Lüdenscheid manufacturer (name was not mentioned to me, but I guess it was Assmann, as lots of other buckles he got were also from this concern). Back in the states he could not sell them even for $ 2.50. In the late seventies (about 1977/1978) I saw such buckle offered at the Stuttgart-show by an American for much money. It was then phrased as the "von Ribbentrop"-buckle.

From the material and design I would guess it was intended to be introduced for
    the Diplomatic Corps or state officials in about 1934/35. Must have been rejected.
    It took until 1938 as when for state officials and diplomats a beautiful uniform was introduced. But with another type of buckle.

?

Kirby, very rare buckle & a very expensive peice

?

Hello A couple of dealer have these at the same price. I traded some nice SS insignia to get my buckle. I am way to cheap to pay dealer prices. Creig has had that buckle listed for 2-3 years. He ended up selling it at his auction for $3600.
    Last edited by kirby; 03-17-2016 at 04:01 AM.

I wonder if anyone has a period picture of the buckle being worn?
    Ben

I don´t think a picture exist! Like a Gau Essen Buckle-picture...!
    Gruß Max