Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Reichsbahn Officers Brocade & Buckle: Opinions Please

Article about: Hello Guys, Thanks for the replies and help. No, it's not from a dealer but I like Spencer at Victory...some very nice pieces and fair prices. I'll forward on the concerns. It sounds like th

Default Reichsbahn Officers Brocade & Buckle: Opinions Please

Hello All,

Posting this Reichsbahn brocade buckle which a friend here in California is selling. Another friend might be interested in purchasing this piece. I think everything's fine and it is an original Assmann but I just want to check and make sure as I don't collect these. I think the belt is about 40 inches in length.

Many Thanks,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reichsbahn Officers Brocade & Buckle: Opinions Please   Reichsbahn Officers Brocade & Buckle: Opinions Please  

Reichsbahn Officers Brocade & Buckle: Opinions Please   Reichsbahn Officers Brocade & Buckle: Opinions Please  

Reichsbahn Officers Brocade & Buckle: Opinions Please   Reichsbahn Officers Brocade & Buckle: Opinions Please  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reichsbahn Officers Brocade & Buckle: Opinions Please
    P
    Many

Default Re: Reichsbahn Officers Brocade & Buckle: Opinions Please

Hello Adam ,

in my eyes a very nice original Brocade .
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

Officer buckles not my thing Adam, but I like the buckle and would imagine the Brocade is the same
    Ben

?

A brocade I have been wanting to find. The buckle is 100% and I like the brocade.

?

Adam, lovely Officers Reichsbahn Set

A very nice and tough brocade to find, especailly w/the blue stripes. In great condition as well. If I was still collecting TR buckles this would be gone. I had the same brocade and buckle , but w/the black stripes in my collection. Who ever wants this should grab it now. It is a very good price.

Bill

Hello All,

Many thanks for the responses. The buckle indeed sems to be a fine original. It seems you guys all like the brocade as well. Just a couple of concerns/suspicions that have been raised... That the slider backing is too small and the slider from the buckle side lacks the tongue which usually protects the uniform from damage by the bucklecatch. Also it has been pointed out that the leather tongue seems to be too long for a period brocade. Any further thoughts on the brocade? It has come out of an otherwise reputable but non-specialized collection. Thanks for the help as I am out of my depth here.

Best,
    Adam

The only thing that catches My attention, is that the Leather looks Very new... William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Adam,

One thing about collecting is how one can see a (in this case a buckle/brocade that is rare and at a very good price and make a snap decision on it.
    I did just that on this brocade. After some additional thought and re-addressing the photos I have the following thoughts. 1. None of the photos show the stiching on the leather tongue nor on the buckle attachment to the brocade. These two areas are critical to check to see if they have been sewn correctly. Close-up photos should give anyone with knowledge of brocade stitching a heads up on originality.
    The comment made on the length of the leather tongue is a good observation. Whoever buys this brocade should insist on a return policy or at least better photos of the areas mentioned above or both.
    Hope this helps. Sorry I jumped in to quickly but if original a very scarce brocade.

Bill

Hello Adam ,

is it the offer from victorymilitaria ?
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast