Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

RMBO or Political Buckle

Article about: Another fake SS leader buckle

Default Re: Rmbo or political buckle

Another fake SS leader buckle
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RMBO or Political Buckle   RMBO or Political Buckle  

RMBO or Political Buckle   RMBO or Political Buckle  

RMBO or Political Buckle  
    Ben

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RMBO or Political Buckle
    P
    Many

RAD Officers Assmann markings
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RMBO or Political Buckle   RMBO or Political Buckle  

RMBO or Political Buckle  
    Ben

Forestry Assmann markings

Ben

Gents, these are all the Assmann examples that I have marked in this way or have the similar keepers/prongs please feel free to post good shots of any examples you have for all to see and compare. Or if you have any observation's please feel free to comment
    Ben

?

I dont collect buckles, but the buckle is certainly a departure from the norm and very unlike the rest of the breed.
    Kudoes to the competent forum members providing balanced counterarguments as to the validity of this buckle - and that even in the light of what appears to have been said about this thread else where.
    Last edited by Scout; 05-21-2013 at 12:32 PM.

Just an update, I have emailed Wim Saris who has some ref and documentation in regards to this buckle so I will post all info etc as and when I receive it
    Ben

Gents

I have just received this information from Wim Saris. I would like to thanks Wim on behlaf of the buckle forum as he always comes up with the goods and as a TR archivist the information he has to hand is fantastic, so again many thanks Wim.

Here goes guys

Hello Ben,

As promised here some information about what you have asked me. I do own this regulation since about 1976.
    Much earlier as when it was used in the book “Uniforms and Insignia of the Foreign Office and Government
    Ministries, 1938-1945” by mrs. Jill Halcomb (published in 1984).

The uniform-regulation is known as:
    Dienstkleidungsvorschrift für den Geschäftsbereich des Reichsministeriums für die besetzten Ostgebiete (Service dress code for the Division of the Reich Ministry for the occupied eastern territories)
    and was published in 1942.

Global translation about 5 (Koppel) which was on pages 6 and 7 is:
    a) officials of the lowest ranks/grades (einfacher Dienst or basic service) do wear a 4.5 cm black belt with an aluminum buckle
    (Kastenschloss) with eagle symbol (Hoheitszeichen or National emblem);
    b) all other officials do wear a 6.0 cm brown belt with silver double-claw, worn by the deputy (Stellvertreter des
    Generalkommissars) and upward ranks.grades. The personal advisor (persönlicher Referent) and adjutant (adjutant
    des Reichsministers) from the Reichsminister do wear a golden double-claw;
    c) Leibriemen: the brocade is from 4.1 cm wide silver braid with oakleaf pattern, sewn onto a 4.4 cm wide
    dark-brown cloth. The braid has a black stripe at the upper and lower edge with a width of 5.0 mm (4.0 mm from
    the edge of the braid). There are two slides from the same material with 3.0 mm wide black stripes along the edges.
    Worn with the brocade is a silver round buckle with the eagle symbol in the middle of an oakleaf circle, worn as
    with the rank/grade as mentioned in b) and in gold, worn by those as also mentioned with b).

The text for the regulation was largely published in the well-known magazine “Uniformen-Markt”, number 15 from
    August 1, 1942, pages 113 and 114 (Ostbeamtenuniform endgültig gestaltet or Eastern officials uniform final design : the uniform for officials in the east finally
    settled), as well as in the “Schwert und Spaten”-magazine, number 8 from August 1942, pages 88 and 89 (“Der Künstler
    zu seinem Werk”, dated August 24, 1942). Buckles were not shown in the UM-magazine; the brocade was in SuS.

The plans for the RMBO-uniform existed in fall 1941 (letter from October 1941 as Rk. 14915 B). The first provisionally worn
    uniforms were those for the Ordensjunker (from an Ordensburg).

If the mentioned buckles were produced in larger quantities is unknown to me, but most often one sees in wearn the
    double-claw or a large size NSDAP political leaders buckle. The uniforms and ranking insignia were designed by the well-known
    designer Egon Jantke.
    If the enlisted ranks buckle or the round higher official buckles ever were produced is the question. I do believe they may
    have been made in a minor quantity, as a proof (Probeversuche). This is concluded from a note in the “Amtsblatt des
    Reichsministeriums für die besetzten Ostgebiete” or Official Journal of the Reich Ministry for the occupied eastern territories , 1943 (nr.41) with an order from June 30, 1942. The brocade was
    planned to be worn with the Formal Evening Dress (Grosser Gesellschaftsanzug), but was officially not introduced (this
    type of dress was within most organization no longer worn since 1942, mid-war). When this order was from June and
    the magazines were from August one must know that in fact some of the information was overtaken by the events!!

Last edited by Ben Evans; 05-22-2013 at 12:03 AM.
    Ben

Chaps, I have used Babel Fish to try and translate some of the German text for ease of understanding, if the German members reading this can have a butchers and see if it is correct that would be great
    Ben

If I may say this buckle if featured on a book I can't remember it is on TR buckles with emblems Author I can't remember I think in the book he even states he is skeptical until some photographic evidence comes to life. I think the author was from California here in the states. Thanks timothy

The buckle is in Angloias revised edition, German Belt Buckles a Russian Perspective and the Catella book
    Ben

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast