1. Last name, name, and patrionymic: Tsinklev,Iosif Alekseevich
2. Rank: Senior Sergeant
3. Duty position: Signals Squad Leader – 843rd Red Banner Artillery Regiment
4. Born: 1917
5. Nationality: Ukrainian
6. Party membership: yes
7. Previous combat: Don and Steppe Fronts
8. Wounds or shell-shock: n/a
9. In Red Army: since 1938
10. Inducted by: Mariupol Municipal Military Commissariat
11. Previous awards: n/a
Short description of personal combat feat or accomplishment
While fighting for Belgorod on 3.08.43 under heavy, enemy mortar fire, he provided the small-unit commander with communications, personally repairing twelve broken lines resulting in reliable communications.
In fighting for the village of Polevoe on 14th August he was situated with the infantry commander and kept communications with the rifle company commander. Communications were continuous. With his sidearm he personally killed two Germans.
He is deserving of the Order of the Red Star.
Signed 843rd Artillery Regiment Commander, Major Kashkarov on 26.08.43
Endorsed 299th Rifle Division Artillery Commander, Major Bu(?)ov on 29th September, 1943.
Sadly, the Bravery Medal is missing from this group. . .