Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

4 Red Stars 6 Digit Numbers

Article about: I remember when these were almost worthless. I bought 15 Red Stars for \\$200.00 and just picked up some that had nice enamel. There were many hundreds in the box. I wish I had paid attention

Default 4 Red Stars 6 Digit Numbers

I remember when these were almost worthless. I bought 15 Red Stars for $200.00 and just picked up some that had nice enamel. There were many hundreds in the box. I wish I had paid attention to the numbers, markings and construction, back then.

Bob Hritz
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 4 Red Stars 6 Digit Numbers  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 4 Red Stars 6 Digit Numbers
    P
    Many

Default Re: 4 Red Stars 6 Digit Numbers

Hi Bob, what a deal!

But when you bought these good info here in the West was almost impossible to find. Times have now changed and Soviet awards are now cataloged and catagorised to a greater extent then their Third Reich counterparts.

Cheers, Ade.

Ade,

Are there any sources to research the numbers? I would love to know about the men or women who won these stars.

Bob Hritz

?

Alexei does research and is well-known in the field: Soviet Authentications by "Nota Bene"

But there are also some great researchers out there without there own website. PM me if you want their e-mail addresses.

Very nice Red Stars, Bob; any chance to see the obverse sides?

Hundreds in the box, and fifteen Red Stars for $200; oh, my goodness!

I find myself saying that a lot these days, if I only knew then what I know now. . .

The red stars were $1000.00 per hundred. Here is a photo of what I bought for $350.00. All the Patriotic Wars are 1985 types. The two Hero Stars are just copies (not made of gold), alledgedly wearing copies????

There were thousands of the Defense of, Liberation of, and Capture of medals that were all $5.00 each as were all the other thousands of medals, with numbers engraved on the back. They were bought in Moscow for 50 cents each, by the dealer.

Now I wish I had a few extra thousand dollars and would have bought multiples of all the medals. The original Hero stars were $750 loose to $900 if they had the award booklet.

Of course, I knew nothing about these and wasn't going to invest heavily. I wish I had bought all the Orders of Glory as there were a number of them, all with the award booklets.

They were all bought at the Chicagoland Midwest Militare Show at the Concord Plaza.

Bob Hritz
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 4 Red Stars 6 Digit Numbers   4 Red Stars 6 Digit Numbers  

If it was held at the hotel at North Avenue just off the Tri-State, it's still there every month or so. This is the stuff that dreams are made of. . . Thanks for the flashback!

Aaa my eyes are watering, what a wonderful picture..great stuff bob...

Gaiety is the most outstanding feature of the Soviet Union.
    Joseph Stalin

totally amazing