MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

BEYOND SALTY Order of the Red Star #1529161

Article about: I really shouldn't be spending anymore money on militaria for a while, but I saw this one online and couldn't resist! This Order of the Red Star makes my other look almost mint! It has reall

Default BEYOND SALTY Order of the Red Star #1529161

I really shouldn't be spending anymore money on militaria for a while, but I saw this one online and couldn't resist!

This Order of the Red Star makes my other look almost mint! It has really been knocked around at some point during it's existence (looks like the top arm of the star has been repaired, crack in the enamel near the hammer and sickle), and I can't help but wonder why?! To the best of my knowledge... these were worn during combat. Maybe when the research comes back it'll yield some of it's secrets! I'll be happy with any result, but I'm really hoping the brave soldier who earned this Order of the Red Star really kicked some butt!

BEYOND SALTY Order of the Red Star #1529161BEYOND SALTY Order of the Red Star #1529161BEYOND SALTY Order of the Red Star #1529161BEYOND SALTY Order of the Red Star #1529161BEYOND SALTY Order of the Red Star #1529161BEYOND SALTY Order of the Red Star #1529161

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement BEYOND SALTY Order of the Red Star #1529161
    P
    Many

Default Re: BEYOND SALTY Order of the Red Star #1529161

Hi Joe, yes these were worn in combat and the odd knock and chip can be expected.

I like it!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks, Ade!

I'm just hoping this Red Star received it's wear and tear during wartime, and not afterwards due to neglect.

These things are almost like a lottery that always pays out... The citations I've seen are always cool, but I can't help but to hope that this belonged to a sniper or rambo-esque squad leader like the recent one Bill Garvy posted!

The more I see these posted the more I am keen to get one. They look great and its a nice piece of research. Once again though hard to know good from bad.

I really ike these worn examples and have several. If only they could speak. Please post research when you get it.

Best wishes

Robin

You can research the medal through it's serial number and see who the recipient was?
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Yes
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Yes
    Cool. I wish all awards were researchable like Soviet ones.
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Thanks for the kind words, everyone!

I have contacted a researcher and he has responded that he is able to do archive work for me! Now I just play the waiting game...

Quote by don_kihotis7 View Post
    You can research the medal through it's serial number and see who the recipient was?
    Not just who the recipient was, but his civilian background information, military background information, other awards he/she received AND specfically what he/she did to earn the Red Star!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast