Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

A couple of Orders of the Red Star

Article about: Hi guys, I would like to buy these. They look OK to me. Can I please get your opinions on them? Also, when were these awarded? Thanks, Mo

Default A couple of Orders of the Red Star

Hi guys,

I would like to buy these. They look OK to me. Can I please get your opinions on them? Also, when were these awarded?

Thanks,
    Mo
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A couple of Orders of the Red Star   A couple of Orders of the Red Star  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A couple of Orders of the Red Star
    P
    Many

Default Re: A couple of Orders of the Red Star

Thank you all, gentlemen!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A couple of Orders of the Red Star   A couple of Orders of the Red Star  

Not that I am an expert on these yet but they both look good to me, and I would say both WW2 issues around 1944/45. I am sure others will be in shortly to give you some better feedback though.

They both at a good price?.

Jason

I can't remember how much the first one is, but the second one is $85. I have always been a fan of these. I have 3 of them that need to be researched.

Yeah I really love the design to. Actually a lot of the Russian awards look great and I love the use of the red enamel.

Price is not bad either, just bought my third, which is on the way to me for $80 posted

?

Both are original and produced by the Moscow Mint in March 1945. Most like awarded somewhere in the first half of 1945.

?

Oh, 85$ is a good price in my opinion. Enamel also seems to be alright. Is the first ones number 328181 or 1328181

It looks like 1328181, awarded possibly late 1944 or early 1945, whereas 1610251 may have been awarded as early as September, 1943, their manufacturing date notwithstanding. These dates are per Schmitt's "green bible", Echoes of War, Researching Soviet Military Decorations, 2006.

Quote by Bill Garvy View Post
    It looks like 1328181, awarded possibly late 1944 or early 1945, whereas 1610251 may have been awarded as early as September, 1943, their manufacturing date notwithstanding. These dates are per Schmitt's "green bible", Echoes of War, Researching Soviet Military Decorations, 2006.
    That's strange, how did that work out?

I imagine they were awarded their Red Star on the earlier date, but they did not have possession of the Red Star until the later date.
    Last edited by Bill Garvy; 03-28-2012 at 12:18 AM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast