Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

My 3rd Order of the Red Star. #1285532

Article about: My lovely girlfriend gifted me my 3rd Order of the Red Star. This one is serial number: 1285532. It's lower than my other two Red Stars (1510538, 1529161) and I promise to post research resu

Default Re: My 3rd Order of the Red Star. #1285532

Interesting stuff, thanks for the link Ade.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My 3rd Order of the Red Star. #1285532
    P
    Many

I received additional information on my Political Commissar today!

My 3rd Order of the Red Star. #1285532My 3rd Order of the Red Star. #1285532My 3rd Order of the Red Star. #1285532My 3rd Order of the Red Star. #1285532

Service at the front (where and against whom): Bryansk Front from February 1942 to June 1942, Voronezh Front from July 1942 to October 1943, 1st Ukrainian Front from May 1944 to October 1944, 4th Ukrainian Front from November 1944 to May 1945
    15. Wounds or contusions: Wounded in the face in May 1942
    16. Awards (orders and medals): Order booklet nr. 739183. Order of the Patriotic War, 2nd Class in 1945, Order of the Red Star in 1945, Medal for the Victory over Germany in 1945

Excellent!

I would not liked to have crossed him!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Geez he is a tough one alright. Even in the photo it looks like he wouldnt take any prisoners.

Great Stuff
    Jason

?

Surely he was a CP agitator, not just a Zampolit ) Commissars was until 1943 year. After they was called as a regiment's commanders assistants- or zampolit, which means political assistant
    Another one file for a home front "combatant" for his lauder voice

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    Research just came in! Thanks, Auke!

Attachment 306141Attachment 306142Attachment 306143Attachment 306144Attachment 306145Attachment 306146

Looks like he was a political commisar with the 35th Stanislav Rifle Regiment of the 30th Kiev Zhitomir Red Banner Rifle Division, 11th Carpathians Rifle Corps...

Short, concrete description of personal combat feat or merits:

He has been serving at the front during the Patriotic War since January 1942. He was wounded once, on May 19, 1943.

He has been working as an agitator in the regiment since November 24, 1944. He devotes himself to his work in an exceptionally conscientious manner and knows his job well. He is capable of organizing the agitational and propagandist activities and directing the men to carry out their combat tasks. During this short period he read ten reports to the men. He systematically works at improving his ideological and political knowledge and educates the party and Komsomol functionaries and the platoon agitators.

He deserves to be awarded the Order of the Red Star.
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

His face says: I've never been in the front positions because I hade explosions and a bullets voice, I hate frost, and I do not like the soldiers soup ( two spoons of wheat flour and one spoon of starch, very small quantity of the meat, due the hme front cools and supplyers, firstly supply themselfs )
    As I\am reading for now unpublished book available only in the net, due help of some volunteers "Van'ka Routney" Ñîäåðæàíèå «Âàíüêà ðîòíûé»
    The Author is a real combatant and his first award was issued in 1943- Order of Red Star
    His feat which was shown in the reward document:
    As rifle kompany commander
    December, 10th, 1941 year
    Take as a trophees in the combat action 6 Howitzers, kill approx 60 enemy soldiers
    December, 30th, 1941 year, takes the settlement Tchupreeno, kill 95 of enemy soldiers. In his book he write that most of his feets did not have any entries in the stuff ( he take some tanks, and a lot of German POWs)
    Also once the Division commander by his stupidity lost approx a full division and they meet in the forest with his remaining 3 soldiers, commander give him the order to take the village back ( he didn't supply him with his own guard), which was lost approx a hour ago, there was stay a German kompanie. He and his three soldiers goes to attck, German mashinegunner has seen them, but did not shot, he may be thought that they going to POW, as before all other soldiers who defend this village was taken as POWs), so German soldier has stay and did not look at their side and continued to speak with someone, staying backside to front. When they reached first house, Shumilin takes his position and begin shoot to the German mashinegunner- mashinegunner runs away, even leave his MG in the ground. Shumilin takes the MG, and shot to the German side, the Germans thought that the Soviet MG platoon counterattacking runs away from the village. When the Shumilin asks in his book- which award he got for this? He said: no any entries that soviet side lost this village was made, due division commander will not pay for his mistake, due of that- that is not a combat feat. He also wrote that the Soviet soldier's life in the rifle regiment was between 1hour up to one week, depends of the luck. They sleep in snow in the overcoats full winter without the fireplaces, they eat too bad meal, there was not a artillery ar air barrage bewfore attacks- only rifles against artillery and machineguns. He said once he got order to make a assaulting reconnaisance, when he said that he will make that from the forest side- commander said him:" No, only front- in line- distance 2 meters." He said: "we all will be KIA there."
    Commander:"I need to see where the MG's are staying- this is your fate to be killed, If not- I will kill you"
    The commanders who sits in the rear positions affraid for their life and career. They did not count soldier's lifes.
    Shumilin makes two categories: Combatants and participants.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My 3rd Order of the Red Star. #1285532  
    Regards,
    Dimas

Well, Dimas... you've got me confused!

?

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    Hi Ade, thanks for taking the time to respond!

Did commisars fight very often, or were they more behind the scenes?

I guess I had a misconception that the commisars were fat cats that spouted off political and propaganda mumbo jumbo much to the chagrin of frontline soldiers. I also thought commisars were in charge of the blocking units that would machine gun their own retreating troops following a failed attack.
    You are absolutely right about the fat, lasy and cowardly commissars. Even "Participant's" was in approx a 1km from a frontline, they had good meal, they normally quartered in villages, eat good meal. And sleap well. As you see got orders for their feat, but they told after the war that they was in the "center of the fire"
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

I had once order of the Red star issued to the Sniper Galtchkov- his known victories- 205 kills. Result: beginning the war in rank Efreitor in Khalkhin-Gol, then Finnish war, then GPW, end of the war in the same rank. Awards issued in war time: medal of Brawery and Red Star

My 3rd Order of the Red Star. #1285532
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My 3rd Order of the Red Star. #1285532  
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

Nice decorations. I have a similar one and would love to have it researched. It really is rather more sustantial and not so flimsy looking as others from the USSR

Interesting info in this thread, thx.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast