Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

New addition: another Order of the Red Star: 1760066

Article about: Hi Guys, yet another Red Star or Красная Звезда. I am getting addicted to these. I could nor resist this, even w

Award sheet

1. Last name, first name, and patronymic: Domra, Fyodor Lukyanovich
    2. Rank: Senior Lieutenant of the Veterinary Service
    3. Position and unit: Supplementary veterinarian at Front Veterinary Hospital nr. 408
    Nominated for: Order of the Red Star
    4. Year of birth: 1906
    5. Nationality: Ukrainian
    6. Party affiliation: Not a member
    7. Participation in the Civil War, the subsequent combat actions to defend the USSR, and the Patriotic War (where and when): He did not participate in the Civil War. In the Patriotic War since 1941, serving on the Southwestern, Stalingrad, Don, Central, Belorussian, and 1st Belorussian Front
    8. Wounds and contusions received during the Patriotic War: No
    9. Since when in the Red Army: From April 10, 1928 through September 10, 1929 and since April 12, 1936
    10. Drafted by which military commissariat: Military Commissariat of the city of Kharkov
    11. Awards received previously (for which merits): Medal for the Defense of Stalingrad and Medal for Combat Merit
    12. Permanent home address of the prospective awardee and the address of his family: _______________

Short, concrete description of his combat feat or merits:

Senior Lieutenant of the Veterinary Service Fyodor Lukyanovich Domra has been participating in the Patriotic War since its very first days. Serving as a veterinarian, he worked selflessly and organized his duties skilfully, enabling 700 sick and wounded horses to be treated and returned to their units. Working independently in the isolation ward for horses suffering from infectious diseases, comrade Domra used a quick method to cure 54 horses struck by episodic lymphangitis (a disease extremely difficult to treat). All these horses returned to service. Acting as chief of a clearing station, Domra evacuated 300 severely wounded horses over a distance of 150 kilometers without any fodder and in wintry conditions, without sustaining any losses.

For his excellent duties he deserves to be awarded the Order of the Red Star.

Chief of the veterinary hospital
    Lieutenant Colonel of the Veterinary Service [signed] /Rogalyov/
    May 5, 1945

He deserves the Order of the Red Star.

Chief of Veterinary Service of the 1st Belorussian Front
    Major General of the Veterinary Service [signed] /Shpaier/
    May 7, 1945
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New addition: another Order of the Red Star: 1760066   New addition: another Order of the Red Star: 1760066  

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New addition: another Order of the Red Star: 1760066
    P
    Many

While I always prefer gung-ho combat related citations, I find these support citations so interesting!

Just goes to show you that it takes all sorts to win a war! Nice one, Ade!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2