Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New addition: another Order of the Red Star: 1760066

Article about: Hi Guys, yet another Red Star or Красная Звезда. I am getting addicted to these. I could nor resist this, even w

Default New addition: another Order of the Red Star: 1760066

Hi Guys, yet another Red Star or Красная Звезда. I am getting addicted to these. I could nor resist this, even with the chip to the enamel, as it was only £10 or $15.

Serial number is: 1760066.

Allegedly, it was brought home as a souvenir by a British soldier.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New addition: another Order of the Red Star: 1760066   New addition: another Order of the Red Star: 1760066  

New addition: another Order of the Red Star: 1760066  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement New addition: another Order of the Red Star: 1760066
    P
    Many

Default re: New addition: another Order of the Red Star: 1760066

That's a lovely piece you have there.

Without sounding too ignorant Ade. What's the going rate for something like that? It sure looks nice. Are they faked? I know when the wall came down in Berlin the East Germans were off loading tons of gear, cheap, russian East German and TR............. if only........if only ................ hindsight is such a wonderful thing

Another nice example Adrian ! all soviet awards broken or not is a good acquisition by collector

Pierre

Hi John, these are rapidly becoming my favourite item.

The Order was instituted in 1930. Up until the outbreak of war in June 1941 only about 21,500 had been awarded. It carried some prestige. By the end of WW2 some 2,860,000 had been issued. Normally given for bravery/leadership but by 1944 it was started to be given for Long Service too. After the late 1950's, with the introduction of long service medals, it reverted to bravery etc. By 1991, 4 Million had been bestowed.

Very broadly speaking there are three different basic versions named by collectors as:

Type 1 Marked "Gosnak" on the reverse.

Type 2 Three peice construction.

Type 3 Three rivet construction.

All three are now faked, in particular type 1 & 3. This is due to those being the most valuable and rare versions. Early issues I have seen in the $50,000 price bracket!

Average values for a type 2 are around £45 now. But this will vary according to serial number range. As with nearly all serial numbered Soviet awards, reasearch, for a fee of about $100, is possible. Alteration of serial numbers is another issue to be aware of. Always inspect the area of the number carefully.

The award is made of solid silver.

I am certain if this were a Fascist award, the value would be much much more.

Here is a good site about the award which goes into much more detail and he breaks them down in smaller collector classified sub-divisions:

Odysseus © -- Soviet Screwback Orders

This particular one I have bought will be a 1945 awarded example.

Hi Peirre, I knew you would like it.

Cheers, Ade.

Ade,

Nice award. This particular order is quite attractive, it can become an addiction to collect them.

I have refrained of buying more because I still have some other orders-medals-badges in my "to-buy" list to complete my collection. Otherwise, I would be dedicated entirely to this very nice order.

Regards,

Gus

Hi Gus, thanks I remebered you like these too. This is my fifth Red Star.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Congratulations Ade! its a happy day when a new Krasnaya Zvezda is added to the collection!

Bringing this old thread back up as I have ordered the research on this one. So hopefully next week we will know who it belonged to and why it was awarded.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

The research is in.

Order

[…]

14. Senior Lieutenant of the Veterinary Service Fyodor Lukyanovich Domra, veterinarian at the 408th Front Veterinary Hospital

[…]

Commander of the 1st Belorussian Front
    Marshal of the Soviet Union [signed] /G. Zhukov/

Member of the Military Council of the 1st Belorussian Front
    Lieutenant General [signed] /Telegin/

Chief of the Rear of the 1st Belorussian Front
    Lieutenant General of the Quartermaster Service [signed] /Antipenko/
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New addition: another Order of the Red Star: 1760066   New addition: another Order of the Red Star: 1760066  

Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Record card

Order booklet nr. A-66798_

1. Last name: Domra
    2. First name and patronymic: Fyodor Lukyanovich
    3. Military rank: Captain of the Veterinary Service
    4. Sex: Male
    5. Year of birth: 1916
    6. Place of birth: Village of Ivashkovka, Tupichev Raion, Chernigov Oblast
    7. Party membership (since which year): Not a member
    8. Education: Higher
    9. Nationality: Ukrainian
    10. Since which year in the Red Army: 1936
    11. Place of service (name of the unit) and position occupied at the time of the award: Chief of the veterinary hospital of the 20th Trophy Brigade, 1st Belorussian Front
    12. Current place of service and position: Veterinarian and deputy chief of the household plot of the Trade and Community Services Section at the headquarters of the Military Commandant of the city of Berlin
    13. Home address of the awardee: 7 Gogol Street, city of Chernigov

14. Record of all awards received:

Name of the order or medal Serial number Number of the document Ground of award
    Medal for Combat Merit 1443055 Temporary certificate nr. G-061283 Order of the 1st Belorussian Front nr. 325/N of November 5, 1944
    Order of the Red Star 1760066 Temporary certificate nr. Zh-555410 Order of the 1st Belorussian Front nr. 616/N of June 9, 1945
    Medal for Combat Merit 2833978 Temporary certificate nr. 279897 Decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of November 6, 1945 (for long service)
    Medal for the Defense of Stalingrad Permanent certificate nr. R-28817 Decree of the Presidium of December 22, 1942

Signature of the awardee: [signed]

I confirm the correctness of the data and the signature of the awardee (position and signature):

Personnel inspector of the Trade and Community Services Section
    Captain [signed]
    August 30, 1946

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast