Order of the Red Star, #2027382, Dental Technician, Pacific Fleet
Order Booklet 751917 (temporary)
1. Last name: Safarov
2. Name and patrionymic: Aik Agabekovich
3. Rank: Administrative Services Captain
4. Gender: Male
5. Birthyear: 1900
6. Birthplace: Armenian SSR, Alagi
7. Party membership: n/a
8. Education: mid-level
9. Nationality: Armenian
10. Time in Red Army: since 1936
11. Place of service at awarding: Chief – Dental Technical Laboratory #180, (?) Pacific Fleet
12. Place of work at present: same
13. Home address: Unit Post 40066
Designation Serial Number Awarding Organization
Red Star 2.027.382 Pacific Fleet dated 22.10.45
Combat Service Medal 2.693.055 Edict dated 5.11.46
Verified by Pacific Fleet Officer Personnel Section Chief Sara(?) on 1st March, 1947
Award Sheet on Chief of Dental Technical Laboratory SSBO(?) VMOR(?) Administrative Services Captain Aik Agabekovich Safarov for the Order of the Red Star
1. Born: 1900
2. Nationality: Armenian
3. Social position: worker
4. Party membership: n/a
5. In Red Army: since 1936
6. Participation in combat: n/a
7. Wounds or shell-shock: n/a
8. Previous award recommendations: n/a
9. Previous awards: n/a
10. Service in White or other bourgeois armies or POW: n/a
11. In Red Army: since 27.06.44
12. Inducted by: Melitopol Regional Military Commissariat, Zaporozhe Oblast
13. Previous awards: Red Star, Bravery Medal, Combat Service Medal
14. Home of record: [trans: entry intentionally obscured]
Short description of personal combat feat or accomplishment
Comrade Sarafov has served in the Pacific Fleet since June, 1937. Throughout his service in a series of naval units he has provided high-quality dental dentures for soldiers and officers.
During the war against the Japanese aggressors he has well-prepared his dental laboratory for rendering practical assistance to the wounded.
He wields his great authority among the sector’s personnel.
For high-quality work in rendering dental assistance to soldiers and officers, he is deserving of the Order of the Red Star.
Signed Chief of Medical Services, Lieutenant Colonel Bozhenko on 9th September, 1945
Co-endorsed Acting Commendant SSBO(?), Lieutenant Colonel Blokhin, and Commander, VMOR(?) Pacific Fleet Counter-Admiral Fedorov
NOTE: I was not able to find either the citation for the Bravery Medal or the Combat Service Medal on podvignaroda. The latter award, his Combat Service Medal, as documented on his Award Card, conferred in 1946, maybe have been for ten years of service, hence the absence of any documentation.
Administrative Services Captain Aik Agabekovich Safarov's Order of the Red Star, #2027382.
06-18-2013 04:35 PM