Order of the Red Star, #2113666, Cook
1. Last name, name, and patrionymic: Lyusmanashvili, Semen Tomovich
2. Rank: Private
3. Duty position: Senior Cook – Administrative and Supply Section HQ, 31st Stalingrad Red Banner Orders of Suvorov and Khmelnitskii Rifle Division
Recommendation for [trans: blank]
4. Born: 1908
5. Nationality: Georgian
6. Party membership: n/a
7. Previous combat: 6.41 Southern Front, 1.42 SW Front, 8.42 Transcaucasus Front, 2.43 Northern Caucasus Front, 4.43 SW Front, 10.43 3 Ukrainian Front, 12.43 2 Ukrainian Front, and 10.44 1 Ukrainian Front
8. Wounds or shell-shock: one wound
9. In Red Army: since June, 1941
10. Inducted by: Sachkhere Regional Military Commissariat, Georgian SSR
11. Previous awards: Combat Service Medal
12. Home of record: [trans: intentionally blocked out]
Short description of personal combat feat or accomplishment
Private Semen Tomovich Lyursmanoshvili has worked as the 31st RD HQ Senior Cook since October 1944 and prove himself an exceptionally conscientious and good-natured warrior in his service.
Comrade S.T. Lyursmanoshvili has been the senior cook working with only one other kitchen worker, supporting more than 200 personnel under any conditions, repeatedly subjected to heavy, enemy artillery and mortar fire and taking all necessary measures to provide the HQ personnel hot and satisfying food in a timely manner.
During the division’s offensive fighting near the Oder river despite heavy, enemy artillery fire and exploding shells peppering the mobile kitchen with shrapnel, Comrade Lyusmanoshvili did not abandon his post and delivered food in a timely manner.
For his selfless work Comrade Semen Tomovich Lyursmanoshvili is deserving of the Order of the Red Star.
Signed Commander, 116th Guards Danube Rifle Regiment, Guards Lieutenant Colonel Pichugov on 24th January, 1945
Endorsed Chief, Administrative and Supply Section, Lieutenant (?) on 15th May, 1945
Endorsed Division Commander, Guards (?) on 22.5.1945 [note: signature block largely illegible]
Awarded the Order of the Red Star by 31st Stalingrad Red Banner Orders of Suvorov and Khmelnitskii Rifle Division Order 045/N dated 23rd May, 1945 and verified Division Chief of Personnel Captain Duvakin.
Abbreviated award card belonging to ethnic Georgian Private Semen Tomovich Lyursmanoshvili, 31st Rifle Division Senior Cook, indicating he received an unspecified Order of the Red Star by Order 045/N of the 31st Rifle Division dated May 23rd, 1945, and the award listing showing his Order of the Red Star, #2113666.
And finally, Private Semen Tomovich Lyursmanoshvili's Order of the Red Star, #2113666.
02-27-2013 01:19 AM
Re: Order of the Red Star, #2113666, Cook
Hot chow and on time can make or break morale. Interesting story.