Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Order of the Red Star: 2527452

Article about: Forum members Well, I did say I wanted to add CCCP (and Polish) militaria to the collection and I found this, most beautiful designed medal, Order of the Red Star. The Red Star has always be

Default Order of the Red Star: 2527452

Order of the Red Star: 2527452Order of the Red Star: 2527452Order of the Red Star: 2527452Forum members

Well, I did say I wanted to add CCCP (and Polish) militaria to the collection and I found this, most beautiful designed medal, Order of the Red Star. The Red Star has always been captivating to me, much like the swas. With no disrespect, I have always considered the USSR as an Axis Power.....Katyn and Soviet occupation in Poland for over 40 years comes to mind. Anyways, here's the award and it has not been researched and I don't know what year it was awarded. I do know the award was given to persons with exceptional service to the motherland.

Greenhorn
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Order of the Red Star: 2527452
    P
    Many

Default re: Order of the Red Star: 2527452

According to this website, Odysseus © -- Soviet Screwback Orders, this range of serial numbered Red Stars was issued in 1947: 1064213 – 2848389. Your Red Star falls in this range. Nice Star, I like the patina on it!

GIZMO8Z

I love the patina on it also, maybe why I fell in love with this particular one right away! Silver patinates (if this is a word?) nicely. Thank you for the information, I figured it was from the 50-60's era as earlier examples would be soaked up by the collecting public.

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Quote by Greenhorn View Post
    GIZMO8Z

I love the patina on it also, maybe why I fell in love with this particular one right away! Silver patinates (if this is a word?) nicely. Thank you for the information, I figured it was from the 50-60's era as earlier examples would be soaked up by the collecting public.

Green
    I just got my first Red Star. It was issued in 1945. Believe it or not, you can still find these on ebay:

Order of the Red Star: 2527452Order of the Red Star: 2527452

I also got my Red Star researched.

It belonged to Shabashev Piotr Konstantinovich. Major of Artillery Technical Service in reserve.

Quote by GIZMO8Z View Post
    I just got my first Red Star. It was issued in 1945. Believe it or not, you can still find these on ebay:

Order of the Red Star: 2527452Order of the Red Star: 2527452

I also got my Red Star researched.

It belonged to Shabashev Piotr Konstantinovich. Major of Artillery Technical Service in reserve.
    GIZMO8Z

Your medal looks great! They are a great design and still relatively inexpensive. Thanks for sharing yours.

Green

Nice ones guys congrats, you make me want one they do look nice. Adrian Stevenson has a great collection of them not sure of the thread though.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Thank you, Eric

Adrian, would you care to share your awards on this thread or post the link to your older thread? Would love to see your collection.

Green

Hi Green, Eric is being very kind, I don't have that many. All feauture on the forum in individual threads.

But I do love these awards. And yours is a nice example.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!