Order of the Red Star, #3732590, Mechanic, 371st Guards Motorized Rifle Regiment, Afghanistan
Form nr. 1
(To be filled out clearly, without any corrections)
Date and place of issue of the order or medal (raion, city, oblast, krai, republic):
February 21, 1985; Uzbek SSR, Tashkent Oblast, Military Commissariat of the Bostanlyk Raion
1. Last name: Imamberdiyev
2. First name and patronymic: Tazhibai Mirzaraimovich
3. Nationality: Kirghiz
4. Sex: Male
5. Year of birth: 1963
6. Place of birth: Village of Taka-Yangak, Tashkent Oblast
7. Party membership (since which year): Member of the Komsomol since 1979
8. Education: Secondary
9. Military rank (for service members): Private
10. Since which year in the Soviet Army (for service members): From 1982 through 1984
11. Place of employment or service and position occupied at the time of the award: Driver of an infantry fighting vehicle in troop unit nr. 51883
12. Current place of employment or service and position: Disabled veteran of the 2nd category
13. Home address of the awardee (raion, city, oblast, krai, republic): Village of Taka-Yangak, Bostanlyk Raion, Tashkent Oblast, Uzbek SSR
14. List of all awards received (in chronological order):
Name of the order or medal*/Serial number/Number of the order booklet or medal certificate/Ground of issue (awarded when and by whom)
Order of the Red Star/3732590/Order booklet nr. L-093514/Decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of January 23rd, 1984
Signature of the awardee: [signed]
I confirm the correctness of the data and the signature of the awardee (position and signature):
Military commissar of the Bostanlyk Raion
Lieutenant Colonel [signed] /B. Khudaiberganov/
February 21st, 1985
* Only list orders of the USSR and the following medals: Gold Star Medal of a Hero of the Soviet Union, Gold Hammer and Sickle Medal of a Hero of Socialist Labor, Medal for Courage, Medal of Ushakov, Medal for Combat Merit, Medal of Nakhimov, Medal for Labor Valor, Medal for Labor Distinction, and Medal for a Partisan of the Patriotic War.
1. Last name, first name, and patronymic: Imamberdiyev, Tazhibai Mirzaraimovich
2. Rank: Private
3. Position and unit: Mechanic / Driver of an infantry fighting vehicle of the 371st Guards Motorized Rifle Regiment, 5th Guards Motorized Rifle Division, 40th Army, Turkestan Military District
Nominated for: Order of the Red Star
4. Year of birth: 1963
5. Nationality: Kirghiz
6. Party affiliation: Member of the Komsomol since September 1980
7. Participation in combat actions to defend the USSR and the Patriotic War (where and when): No
8. Wounds and contusions received during the Patriotic War: No
9. Since when in the Armed Forces of the USSR: Since May 1982
10. Drafted by which military commissariat: Military Commissariat of the Bostanlyk Raion, Tashkent Oblast
11. Previous awards (for which accomplishments): No
12. Permanent home address of the prospective awardee or his family: Village of Taka-Yangak, Bostanlyk Raion, Tashkent Oblast
Short, concrete description of his feat of arms or accomplishments:
He has been serving in the Democratic Republic of Afghanistan since November 1982.
During his service in the regiment he has given a good account of himself. He is a disciplined, hard-working, and diligent soldier. He conscientiously dedicates himself to his military duties. He took part in 19 combat operations aimed at liquidating bands of insurgents in the provinces of Ghōr and Farah and the city of Herat.
In July 1983 he escorted a group of Afghan elders from the town of Chakcharan. When he was on his way to them, an attack by a band of insurgents took place. Having properly assessed the situation, he drove his infantry fighting vehicle over rough terrain to the insurgents’ flank, enabling the gunner to strike the enemy firing positions.
On September 15, 1983, two infantry fighting vehicles, including his, were given orders by the battalion commander to inspect locations near the town of Chakcharan where the insurgents were presumably creating diversions. On the way back to the battalion’s permanent deployment location, one of the vehicles drove onto a mine and the unit was fired upon by insurgents. Severely wounded, he continued firing his submachine gun, covering his comrades, who were repairing the damaged vehicle, and displayed bravery, fortitude, and decisiveness. During this battle he personally killed three insurgents.
Conclusion: For the bravery and courage he displayed while carrying out combat missions, he deserves to be awarded the Order of the Red Star.
Commander of the 371st Guards Motorized Rifle Regiment
Guards Lieutenant Colonel [signed] /Martirosov/
September 15th, 1983
For the bravery and courage he displayed while carrying out a mission, he deserves to be awarded the Order of the Red Star.
Commander of the 5th Guards Motorized Rifle Division
Guards Major General [signed] /G. Anoshin/
September 23rd, 1983
Endorsed during a session of the Military Council of the 40th Army.
October 3rd, 1983, log file nr. 064.
He deserves to be awarded the Order of the Red Star.
Commander of the 40th Army
Lieutenant General [signed] /V. Yermakov/
October 3rd, 1983
Private Imamberdiyev's Order of the Red Star, #3732590.
My thanks to Auke for his invaluable assistance!
01-19-2016 12:35 AM
Afgan issued awards are not too common to find. Nice one!
Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!