Order of the Red Star, #3766134, Scout/Machine Gunner, 177th Motorised Rifle Regiment, Afghanistan
Form nr. 1
(To be filled out clearly, without any corrections)
Date and place of issue of the order or medal (raion, city, oblast, krai, republic):
September 22nd, 1986; Military Commissariat of the Vasilyevsky Island Raion, city of Leningrad
1. Last name: Lis
2. First name and patronymic: Vasily Semyonovich
3. Nationality: Russian
4. Sex: Male
5. Year of birth: 1966
6. Place of birth: City of Kirovsk, Murmansk Oblast
7. Party membership (since which year): Member of the Komsomol
8. Education: Secondary special education
9. Military rank (for service members): Private
10. Since which year in the Soviet Army (for service members): Since 1984
11. Place of employment or service and position occupied at the time of the award: Scout-machine gunner in military unit nr. 51863
12. Current place of employment or service and position: Lathe operator at Workshop nr. 22, Kulakov Factory, city of Leningrad
13. Home address of the awardee (raion, city, oblast, krai, republic): 80 13th Linia Street, room 56, city of Leningrad
14. List of all awards received (in chronological order):
Name of the order or medal*/Serial number/Number of the order booklet or medal certificate/Ground of issue (awarded when and by whom)
Order of the Red Star/3766134/Order booklet nr. L-533182/Decree of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet of May 26, 1986
Signature of the awardee: [signed]
I confirm the correctness of the data and the signature of the awardee (position and signature):
Military commissar of the Vasilyevsky Island Raion, city of Leningrad
Captain 1st Grade [signed] /Khvost____/
September 22nd, 1986
* Only list orders of the USSR and the following medals: Gold Star Medal of a Hero of the Soviet Union, Gold Hammer and Sickle Medal of a Hero of Socialist Labor, Medal for Courage, Medal of Ushakov, Medal for Combat Merit, Medal of Nakhimov, Medal for Labor Valor, Medal for Labor Distinction, and Medal for a Partisan of the Patriotic War.
1. Last name, first name, and patronymic: Lis, Vasily Semyonovich
2. Rank: Private
3. Position and unit: Scout / Machine Gunner in the 177th Motorized Rifle Regiment, 108th Motorized Rifle Division, 40th Army, Turkestan Military District
Nominated for: Order of the Red Star
4. Year of birth: 1966
5. Nationality: Russian
6. Party affiliation: Member of the Komsomol since 1981
7. Participation in combat actions to defend the USSR and the Patriotic War (where and when): No
8. Wounds and contusions received during the Patriotic War: No
9. Since when in the Armed Forces of the USSR: April 1985
10. Drafted by which military commissariat: Military Commissariat of the Vasilyevsky Island Raion, city of Leningrad
11. Previous awards (for which accomplishments): No
12. Permanent home address of the prospective awardee or his family: 29 Olympiyskaya Street, apartment 58, city of Kirovsk, Murmansk Oblast
Short, concrete description of his feat of arms or accomplishments:
He has been serving in the Democratic Republic of Afghanistan since 1985. Since that moment he has repeatedly participated in escorting columns of cargo trucks, he took part in 6 successful ambushes to gather intelligence, and he was part of a reserve group that repaired the damage caused to a pipeline by sabotage. In the process he displayed boldness, decisiveness, bravery and courage.
On December 18th, 1985 he and his reconnaissance platoon took part in an intelligence-gathering mission near the town of Takhtasang. Firing accurately and effectively, he hit several enemy firing positions. In the course of the fighting he was wounded, but he overcame his pain, noticed an insurgent attempting to take cover in the mountains, and started to pursue him. Under fire by insurgents he displayed bravery and courage, and firing accurately he severely wounded the insurgent, subsequently capturing him as well as his rifle.
Conclusion: For the bravery, fortitude and courage he displayed while carrying out his international duty, he deserves to be awarded the Order of the Red Star.
Commander of the 177th Motorized Rifle Regiment
Lieutenant Colonel [signed] /Ulanov/
December 22nd, 1985
He deserves to be awarded the Order of the Red Star.
Temporary commander of the 108th Motorized Rifle Division
Colonel [signed] /Dokuchayev/
December 30th, 1985
Examined and approved at the session of the army’s Military Council of January 18th, 1986, log file nr. 04. He deserves to be awarded the Order of the Red Star.
Temporary commander of the 40th Army
Major General [signed] /A. Sergeyev/
January 25th, 1986
Private Lis' Order of the Red Star #3766134.
My thanks to Auke for his invaluable assistance!
01-19-2016 12:29 AM