Order of the Red Star, #813292, SU-76 Mechanic/Driver
Award card indicates 1491st Self-Propelled Artillery Regiment ethnic Russian and Comsomol member Mechanic-Driver Senior Sergeant Aleksandr Fedorovich Travushkin(b.1919) was awarded Order of the Red Star 813.292 in document V-385140 by 4th Ukrainian Front, 54th Rifle Corps Order 18/N dated August 17th, 1944.
A similar award card indicates he received an unspecified Bravery Medal by 54th Rifle Corps Order 25/N dated October 21st,1944.
Unit Award Order
54th Rifle Corps, 2nd Guards Army Order 18/N dated (?) August, 1944
On behalf of the Presidium of the Supreme Soviet USSR, I award the following decorations for exemplary accomplishment of the Command’s missions in the struggle against the German invaders and for having displayed valor and bravery:
Order of the Red Star to:
3. Senior Sergeant Aleksandr Fedorovich Travuskhin – SU-76 Mechanic/Driver (?) Self-Propelled Artillery Regiment
Signed Commander, 54th Rifle Corps, General-Lieutenant Kolominets and compiled by Chief of Personnel Major Anisimov
1. Last name, name, and patrionymic: Travushkin, Aleksandr Fedorovich
3. Duty position: SU-76 Mechanic/Driver – 1491st Self-Propelled Artillery Regiment
Recommendation for the Order of Glory III Class
4. Born: 1919
5. Nationality: Russian
6. Party membership: Comsomol
7. Previous combat: Patriotic War
8. Wounds or shell-shock: three wounds
9. In Red Army: since 1938
10. Inducted by: Novgorod Municipal Military Commissariat
11. Previous awards: n/a
12. Home of record: Leningrad, Kopno-Gvardeiskii Region, Main Street. Post Office Bldg 6, Apt. 4. Father – Travushkin, Fedor, Nikiforovich
Short description of personal combat feat or accomplishment
Senior Sergeant Aleksandr Fedorovich Travushkin accomplished his combat mission on 1st August, 1944 near Shasheli while in the SU-76 Battery, 1491st Self-Propelled Artillery Regiment as a mechanic/driver, who by his proper driving and use of tactical principles enabled the destruction of two enemy vehicle crews and infantry, as well as suppression of a mortar battery.
Comrade Travushkin carried himself boldly and decisively, showing initiative and accurately driving his vehicle in support of the 1168th Infantry Regiment and repulsion of enemy counterattacks.
He is deserving of the Order of Glory III Class for courage and heroism.
Signed Commander, 149st Self-Propelled Artillery Regiment, Lieutenant Colonel Vavilov
Awarded the Order of the Red Star by Order 18/N of the 54th Rifle Corps dated 17.8.44 and signed by Deputy Chief of Personnel Pikhulin on 18th August, 1944
12-28-2012 02:30 PM