Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Order of the Red Star - 992871

Article about: I have not been collecting Soviet material and would like to start, and would like opinions on this Order of the Red Star S/N 992871. I think it looks OK if a bit worn but really have no ide

Default Order of the Red Star - 992871

I have not been collecting Soviet material and would like to start, and would like opinions on this Order of the Red Star S/N 992871. I think it looks OK if a bit worn but really have no idea.

Thanks in advance,
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Order of Red Star 992871 - front.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	246441   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Order of Red Star 992871 - back1.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	47.9 KB 
ID:	246440  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Default Re: Order of the Red Star - 992871

Looks A-OK to me Roger.

If Garvy ever shows up again he could tell you year of issue... My man Auke knows his stuff also.

Fellow collectors are NOT adversaries to be bested...

☭ "Ричик, я не понимаю, почему, почему ты тратишь деньги на эти вещи!" ☭

Thank you, RichieC, I appreciate that. I located a link that Auke put up in another post regarding having the award researched, and am considering having that done. By the way, I really like your quote. Both parts.

You are looking at 1943 for the year of award I think?

Cheers, Ade.

?

Yours was produced by the Moscow Mint in December 1944 and most likely awarded to an officer on November 3, 1944 for 15 years of service.

I appreciate your replies. I am developing a taste for Soviet awards now, and will be on the lookout for others as well. It seems there are a lot of them that were made later but are being sold as WW2. Looks like another mine field . . .
    Thank you for your help. It's nice to know this one is legit. I thought so, but as a rank beginner in this field it's always nice to have confirmation.

I was (of course) hoping it was awarded for bravery, but I think 15 years service in the RKKA during that time was bravery in and of itself, at least for most of the participants in that great unpleasantness.

The only way to know for certain is to have it researched. I would agree with my esteemed colleagues, probably awarded November/December, 1944. Note the larger (9mm?) mint mark. . .

Richie, what's up, man?

Quote by Auke View Post
    Yours was produced by the Moscow Mint in December 1944 and most likely awarded to an officer on November 3, 1944 for 15 years of service.
    How do you know this?

Nice Red Star, Roger. Did you end up getting this one?

?

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    How do you know this?
    Strekalov, N.N. and V.A. Durov, Orden Krasnoi Zvezdy: Istoria uchrezhdenia nagrady I evolyutsia ordenskogo znaka. Kavalery ordena, Lyubimaya kniga, 2008. Truly one of the best books on Soviet awards I have ever read, but it only covers the Order of the Red Star. It has a list of when and by whom each Red Star was produced.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast