Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Please help me with the history on these two

Article about: Hi Guys I visited a friends parents today to show him my collection of weapons and medals telling him i am into the Russian items from WW2, he then gave me some duplicates which he had, can

?

Default Please help me with the history on these two

Hi Guys

I visited a friends parents today to show him my collection of weapons and medals telling him i am into the Russian items from WW2, he then gave me some duplicates which he had, can you tell me any info on them please

he works for the army as a welfare officer and also served in Ireland and the Gulf, he got these russian badges in Germany shortly after the fall of the berlin wall. he said there was loads of stuff over there and has sadly sold a lot on .

he said when he was in germany he found a WW2 German Gravy train with an eagle and swastika, it was located in an old barracks on one of the roof beams randomly , any value?

The number on the first one is 1974901

and the number on the 2nd one is 2406890

Sorry i dont know why the picture order is a bit messed up lol

Many Thanks

Jim
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Please help me with the history on these two   Please help me with the history on these two  

Please help me with the history on these two   Please help me with the history on these two  

Please help me with the history on these two   Please help me with the history on these two  

Last edited by Gouldy; 12-03-2011 at 11:42 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Please help me with the history on these two
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Please help me with the history on these two

he also had one of these with the number "4735" engraved on the back, any significant value?

Order of the October Revolution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote by Gouldy View Post
    Hi Guys

I visited a friends parents today to show him my collection of weapons and medals telling him i am into the Russian items from WW2, he then gave me some duplicates which he had, can you tell me any info on them please

he works for the army as a welfare officer and also served in Ireland and the Gulf,

he said when he was in germany he found a WW2 German Gravy train with an eagle and swastika, it was located in an old barracks on one of the roof beams randomly , any value?

The number on the first one is 1974901

and the number on the 2nd one is 2406890

Sorry i dont know why the picture order is a bit messed up lol

Many Thanks

Jim
    The one with the soldier on it is the Order of the Red Star, and the hammer/sickle one is the Order of the Patriotic War. As for their originality or value, no idea. You should check this site out, it has information on these things: The Soviet Military Awards Page. Medals, History and Russia!

Rob

?

i did have a look at that site but was unsure about which variant i have

is there anyway of finding out who they belonged to/what they done , by looking online?

How are your Russian language skills? Just asking. Try ÐžÐ±Ñ‰ÐµÐ´Ð¾ÑÑ‚ÑƒÐ¿Ð½Ñ Ð¹ электронный банк документов 'Подвиг народа', but you must have a name. . .

The first award you have shown is an Order of the Patriotic War in 2nd Class, #2406890. It is a 1985 Jubilee piece, and unless you have the little booklet that accompanied the award, to be able to trace the veteran's name, it's untraceable.

The second is an Order of the Red Star, #1974901, and was probably award in early 1945, per Schmitt, "Echoes of War/Researching Soviet Military Decorations," also known as the Green Bible. That piece would be worthy of a research inquiry.

?

thanks very much, I am hoping to research the Red star, but only if it would release info of duty during WW2 .

I have looked on the link you have posted but can only get the first page translated, the rest is seemingly stuck in russian

Quote by Gouldy View Post
    thanks very much, I am hoping to research the Red star, but only if it would release info of duty during WW2 .
    The only way you will know about the Red Star with any certainty is to have the research done. . .

P.S. Would love to see pictures of the October Revolution. . .

?

well i think i will start it off . will try and find someone whos been used before, and get an idea of its past

im afraid i dont have any pictures of it at all, it is 100% original from what i seen online, and with such a low number I was quite suprised

Yes, if it is indeed genuine it would be quite valuable with such a low number, especially if you had the Order Book!

P.S. It appears the Red Star has been polished?

?

i havent polished it myself , this is just how its been given to me, just signed up to a soviet awards forum so will post up the info on there too

im afraid he doesnt have the book to go with the october medal, just the ribbon and the medal itself, its in great condition too. what kind of money do they change hands for nowadays?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast