Order of the Red Star, #639430, Linesman, 466th Independent Line Signals Battalion, 60th Army
Order Booklet B 618916
1. Last name: Yagontsev
2. Name and patrionymic: Aleksandr Ivanovich
3. Rank: Private
4. Gender: Male
5. Birthyear: 1914
6. Birthplace: village of Peshchana, Prinogorkovskii Region, Kustanaiskaya Oblast
7. Party membership: since 1944
8. Education: elementary
9. Nationality: Russian
10. Time in Red Army: 2.7.1942 – 25.10.1945
11. Place of service at awarding: Rifleman – 466th Independent Line Signals Battalion, 60th Army
12. Place of work at present: Chief of Supply, Zverinogolovskaya Middle School, Kurganskaya Oblast
13. Home address: Kurganskaya Oblast, Zverinogolovskii Region, village of Zverinogolovskoe
Designation/Serial Number/Awarding Organization
Red Star/639.430/60th Army dated 25.04.1944
Verified by Zverinogolovskii Regional Military Commissariat Captain Varlamov on 21.05.1946
1. Last name, name, and patrionymic: Yagontsev, Aleksandr Ivanovich
2. Rank: Private
3. Duty position: Line Supervisor – 466th Independent Line Signals Battalion
Recommendation for the Order of the Red Star
4. Born: 1914
5. Nationality: Russian
6. Party membership: n/a
7. Previous combat: no Civil War participation. In Patriotic War on Voronezh Front
8. Wounds or shell-shock: n/a
9. In Red Army: 2.6.42
10. Inducted by: Zverinogolovskii Regional Military Commissariat, Kurganskaya Oblast
11. Previous awards: n/a
12. Home of record: [trans: entry intentionally obscured]
Short description of personal combat feat or accomplishment
During his time in the battalion since 1942 Comrade Yagontsev has proven himself a disciplined, brave warrior. He has repeatedly repaired broken lines during enemy artillery shelling.
Comrade Yagontsev especially excelled during fighting for Shepitovka Station. On 28.1.44 while repairing broken lines of the 18th Guards Rifle Corps in the forest near the village of Rudnya, he encountered an enemy scout with a radio transmitter. Despite (?) armed resistance, Comrade Yagontsev displayed bravery by capturing the enemy scout and delivering him to the 18th Guards Rifle Corps HQ.
Comrade Yagontsev is deserving of the Order of the Red Star.
Signed Commander, 466th Independent Line Signals Battalion, Major (?)roz on 6th February, 1944
Endorsed Chief of Army Communications, Colonel Nesterov on 15th February, 1944
Aleksandr Ivanovich Yagontsev's Order of the Red Star. #639430.
My thanks to Paul Schmitt for his invaluable assistance.
Last edited by Bill Garvy; 12-07-2013 at 04:30 PM.
12-04-2013 01:09 AM