Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Krim Schild.

Article about: Hi and welcome to the forum,that is a good honest shield you have there as Ned has already pointed out,as for the abreviations some of our fine members here like to use,i am as much in the d

?

Default Krim Schild.

I have one that has been in the family since I was younger,it was given to my in the late 70's dad along with other things by a guy names Charlie who fought with the Gross Deutschland Division...this one my dad said made it through Stalingrad...look how the wreath and the eagle are worn down I marvel at how nice the others are and wonder if this one is real at all?

Krim Schild.Krim Schild.

I also marvel at how nice all your photos turn out...i will have to retry this one...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Krim Schild.
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Krim Schild.

Welcome to the forum.

I moved your shield to a new thread to avoid it being mixed up with the definite fakes. There are some photo tips in a sticky thread at the top of this sub forum.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Thank you, eventually i think i will get the hang of this...and i will start with this:

Krim Schild.

This is a better shot that really shows off the "wear and tare"
    Last edited by kgrunt; 02-25-2013 at 04:32 AM.

This looks very real to me. i like it

?

yeah its hard when your new to all this there are a bunch of examples online. So you look and try to compare but then i look at it and wreath has no detail,the eagle looks like sock puppet...I guess i will have to learn. I do appreciate the help...it does get confusing.

- - Updated - -
    Last edited by kgrunt; 02-26-2013 at 03:22 AM.

Looks like a worn original by an unknown maker categorised as the 3.12. type. The eagles head is pretty unique in style and the green backing paper and position of the tabs confirms this imo.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

I never thought that others may not have been worn...does its state diminish the value as a collectible?

?

Quote by big ned View Post
    Looks like a worn original by an unknown maker categorised as the 3.12. type. The eagles head is pretty unique in style and the green backing paper and position of the tabs confirms this imo.

Regards, Ned.
    Thanks Ned,but,I have to ask what "imo" stands for...

?

Well forget that my 12 year old told me it means "In My Opinion"...Seems i am learning more and more

?

I can't see the condition of the above would affect the value of it. It's an original and worn piece. Collectors go for pieces that look like this just as much as those who only collect mint examples.

It's worn and used, not abused or trashed. It's a good honest piece.

IMO.....

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast