Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

100 year old lady awarded the Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter

Article about: I thought this photo was worth sharing to the forum for several reasons. Pics of the Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter in wear are not that common, plus this one is interesting as it shows how

Default 100 year old lady awarded the Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter

I thought this photo was worth sharing to the forum for several reasons.

Pics of the Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter in wear are not that common, plus this one is interesting as it shows how the award could be back dated. This lady from Berlin was aged 100 when presented with the Gold 1st class award.

The photo was originally captioned:

Titel: Berlinerin mit Goldenem Mutterkreuz

Beschreibung: Scherl
    Eine hundertjährige Berlinerin
    Am 10. Februar 1943 feiert Frau Hedwig Rohde, Berlin Charlottenburg, ihren 100. Geburtstag. Frau Rohde, die 8 Kindern das Leben geschenkt hat und Inhaberin des Goldenen Mutterkreuzes ist, hat 22 Enkel, 9 Urenkel und 2 Ur-Enkel. Die Jubilarin ist trotz ihres hohen Alters noch ständige Besucherin der Kino-Theater, ihr Hauptinteresse gilt der Wochenschau
    Phot. Heinscher

Cheers, Ade.
    Attached Images Attached Images 100 year old lady awarded the Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 100 year old lady awarded the Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: 100 year old lady awarded the Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter

I just saw this thread from a couple of years ago and was surprised no-one had commented on it. Can anyone translate the caption please?

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

I can give it a try.
    Description: Scherl
    A one hundred year Berlinerin (female)
    On 10. Feb 1943 celebrated Mrs Hedwig Rohde, Berlin Charlottenburg, her 100 birthday. Mrs Rohde who have gived life to 8 children and holder of the golden mothercross had 22 grandsons, 9 grand children und 2 Great-grandchildren. The Jubilarin(person celebrating an anniversary) is in spite of her high age still a often user of the theater and cinema, her main interest is the newsreel.

Something like this. It should be pretty close translation. I have some problems with the Enkel urenkel and ur-enkel. Ur-enkel is great grandchildren, Enkel is grandsons.

This lady from Berlin celebrated her 100th birthday on February 10, 1943. She gave birth to 8 children for which she is (was) awarded the Goldenen Mutterkreuzes. She has 22 grandchildren, 9 great grandchildren and (I think) 2 great great grandchildren.
    She is proud that at her age she regularly visits the Kino-Theater and her main interest is the (weekly show) Wochenschau.

So she already had her award in 1943 when she turned 100.

Looks like a sweetheart to me ... OMA

Rudy
    "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity & make it work for you."
    Frank Zappa

I need to learn to type faster.

Rudy
    "It's not getting any smarter out there. You have to come to terms with stupidity & make it work for you."
    Frank Zappa

?

Quote by Rudolf Karl View Post
    I need to learn to type faster.

Rudy

Thanks to both of you, much appreciated.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

?

Sorry mate (Rudy). But now it should have been translated for sure. Trotz, means in spite of. Not to play smart ass.

Quote by Datrus View Post
    Sorry mate (Rudy). But now it should have been translated for sure. Trotz, means in spite of. Not to play smart ass.
    Correct, I was reading (in my head) schtolz ... proud.
    Never try to play a smart ass when you can actually be one ... a real man won't get offended.

Rudy
    Frank Zappa

?

Great picture,I'm glad you found it Adrian !

It makes you wonder how many excellent threads we miss !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast