Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter (Cross of Honour of the German Mother)

Article about: Can you please look at the pictures attached. I want to know if my cross is real or it's a replica. Thank you. Inscribed on the reverse side of the cross, of which two official reverse-side

vardrose
    ?

Post Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter (Cross of Honour of the German Mother)

Can you please look at the pictures attached. I want to know if my cross is real or it's a replica. Thank you.

Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter (Cross of Honour of the German Mother)Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter (Cross of Honour of the German Mother)Inscribed on the reverse side of the cross, of which two official reverse-side styles exist, is the inscription ”Das Kind adelt die Mutter” (The Child ennobles the Mother) found on the initial version produced on inception during the early part of 1939. On the succeeding version produced from 1939-1945 the initial former reverse inscription was replaced during production with the date of the decoration decree ”16. Dezember 1938”. Directly beneath each of the two styles is the inscribed facsimile signature of Chancellor (Reichskanzler) Adolf Hitler; a style variation in this signature exists between the initial and succeeding version produced

2. # ADS

?

Default re: Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter (Cross of Honour of the German Mother)

Hello Vardose and thanks for posting your cross here.
    This is the first pattern Mutterkruez as you rightly point out. From the front the cross looks visually acceptable at first glance but unfortunately the quality of the enamel lets it down. The definition around the edges is quite poor and the blue enamel doesn't have an even finish. From the back and without any reference to compare, the inscription could be mistaken as being genuine so I will post the back of a known original for you to compare to.
    My opinion and conclusion is that the cross you show is a reproduction.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter (Cross of Honour of the German Mother)  

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Default re: Ehrenkreuz der Deutschen Mutter (Cross of Honour of the German Mother)

Those large chunky letters are a sign of a fake

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

it lacks detail so imo a fake,..
    Are these rare? i have yet to see one for sale.

cheers,
    Pat

Quote by HistoryIsMe View Post
    it lacks detail so imo a fake,..
    Are these rare? i have yet to see one for sale.

cheers,
    Pat
    Very rare Pat !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

I've never seen one for sale but to be honest, after I bought my collection of the gold/silver/bronze I just scroll through the Mutterkreuz listings without stopping these days.

vardrose
    ?

Thank you all for your help,