MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

15 place ribbon bar (feldspange)

Article about: Hello all, Would like to have some additional opinions on this ribbon bar if at all possible please. I posted my find on facebook and a few of the guys said the award combination did not mak

Default 15 place ribbon bar (feldspange)

Hello all,

This ribbon bar has been deemed a fake and was for sale from emedals.

William Kramer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 15 place ribbon bar (feldspange)   15 place ribbon bar (feldspange)  

15 place ribbon bar (feldspange)   15 place ribbon bar (feldspange)  

Last edited by all1knew; 08-24-2017 at 09:10 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 15 place ribbon bar (feldspange)
    P
    Many

Well then it's the best fake I've ever seen

Usually the pins are NOT, made of brass. If that is a brass set up-run. Also, I think some devices have been added to dress and price up that bar. There was a guy who used to sell some exactly like this on ebay-his then username was (mandep) and therefore-he flooded the market with what they called: "Mandep" ribbon bars that were THAT good. He used original WWII German uniform material for backing material. Yes, his were fully meant to deceive and they did. There was a guy out of Cave Creek< Arizona that did the same thing. No original Imperial or WWII German ribbon bars-had brass backings or pins. Now-if the original was damaged and repaired? then maybe-MAYBE brass could have been used to repair/replace-but I doubt it. Also, if you may wonder-ribbon bars also had makers markings too. One maker-which is a very scarce maker-is Scharffenburg or Scharffenberg? I forget the correct spelling. I have only one made by them in my collection and no-sadly, not on CD yet or I would post them. Also, as these appear to be the regular sized ribbons per place, that man who "wore" these must have been as big as Andre the giant of Wrestling fame. If they were half sized-I could see a 15 place bar. I have an 11-or 12 place Imperial bar with half-sized places and it's still rather long to have worn. This one belonged to an Oberst who's name I have long since forgotten.