Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

East Prussia Gau Badge

Article about: Gau badges were developed and awarded to "Alterkampfer" for service during the time of struggle. The Gau East Prussia Badge was awarded in only one class. The badges were numbered

Default East Prussia Gau Badge

Gau badges were developed and awarded to "Alterkampfer" for service during the time of struggle. The Gau East Prussia Badge was awarded in only one class. The badges were numbered as awarded.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture East Prussia Gau Badge   East Prussia Gau Badge  

East Prussia Gau Badge  
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement East Prussia Gau Badge
    P
    Many

Default Re: East Prussia Gau Badge

Hi Bob, nice badge and very rare.

It would be great if this badge could be researched? Have you ever inquired if the list of issue serial numbers is in any archive?

Cheers, Ade.

Very rare and almost impossible to obtain. I must say that in the last two days I allready saw more rare and unique items on this forum then I do in a month on WAF...

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Bob, nice badge and very rare.

It would be great if this badge could be researched? Have you ever inquired if the list of issue serial numbers is in any archive?

Cheers, Ade.
    Ade-
    As is the case with the 2nd issue Blood Order, no list of recipients has ever been located for any of the numbered Gau badges
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Ade-
    As is the case with the 2nd issue Blood Order, no list of recipients has ever been located for any of the numbered Gau badges
    A list of recipients for Gau Thuringen has been found. If anyone is looking to match their numbered pin with a name of the original owner I would be happy to help.
    Also- although unnumbered- a list of recipients for both gold and silver grades of Gau Berlin is available for your cross referencing needs. Because of a sheer size and to prevent a sudden discovery of Gauleiter's own badges (or anyone equally recognisable) by altering/changing award numbers I decided against posting it or making the lists public but will of course help fellow collectors who own those decorations to further their research.
    Cheers
    Matt
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Gau Ehrenzeichen Collector

Hi Matt, thanks for adding this new info.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Quote by matthew View Post
    Because of a sheer size and to prevent a sudden discovery of Gauleiter's own badges (or anyone equally recognisable) by altering/changing award numbers I decided against posting it or making the lists public but will of course help fellow collectors who own those decorations to further their research.
    Cheers
    Matt
    A wise move!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Quote by matthew View Post
    A list of recipients for Gau Thuringen has been found.
    Matt, that's awesome news. Where did this list surface, who had it stashed all these years, any story behind the discovery?

Does it state there are difference classes of the Thüringen badge?

William Kramer

It has been found in one of the archives in Germany. No other story behind it. Bit of a nuisance due to their interpretations of the privacy laws but in the end I was able to obtain both the original 1933 and an updated 1938 lists.
    As you probably already know only one grade of the pin is mentioned in the official materials- silver. Bronze versions of same exist, are indisputably pre 1945, are in fact a honour award as indicated by the packets, were also made by Danner, come from the same die but that is the extend of our knowledge on the subject for now. I hope that somewhere there are some surviving materials that will eventually shed the light on the purpose of those but I was not able to find anything yet.
    Cheers
    Matt
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Gau Ehrenzeichen Collector

?

I love this stuff.