Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

1923 Gau Badge

Article about: by M. Bäcker In my opinion it is unfortunately not an original example of the Allgemeines Gauehrenzeichen. Originals of this highly desirable award are not only of exceptional quality, a qua

Default Re: 1923 Gau Badge

Quote by M. Bäcker View Post
    In my opinion it is unfortunately not an original example of the Allgemeines Gauehrenzeichen. Originals of this highly desirable award are not only of exceptional quality, a quality that is missing on the one posted here. I believe originals also come with different markings on the reverse (Maker and silver hallmark) as well as a different pin style.

Cheers, MB.

why would anyone go to the extreme of reproducing something like this, are they, were they valuable or would it be just for re-enactment purposes? cheers, Alan

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1923 Gau Badge
    P
    Many

The 1923 date does not denote the date of issue, but rather, it commemorates the 1923 Beer Hall Putsch. Having said that, this is still, in my opinion, a repo, as the reverse markings are totally wrong. William

And, yes-originals are quite valuable. They were not Officially issued by the government, but were worn by the old fighters who marched with Hitler at the Putsch. There are many copies and varieties of copies out there-some of them quite old now.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    The 1923 date does not denote the date of issue, but rather, it commemorates the 1923 Beer Hall Putsch. Having said that, this is still, in my opinion, a repo, as the reverse markings are totally wrong. William
    childhood illusions shattered then? lol ... Alan

Quote by alinfield View Post
    why would anyone go to the extreme of reproducing something like this, are they, were they valuable or would it be just for re-enactment purposes? cheers, Alan
    Originals are rare and thus valuable. I think nowadays they sell for a thousand Euros and more. So unscrupulous fakers may be tempted by an attractive margin. The one who tried it here didn't do very well and the result of his effort shouldn't fool those serious collectors who did the minimum amount of research before spending such big money.

Oh, and as this badge is a political award I'm afraid it may not even be useful for re-enactment. That is, unless political events are to be re-enacted.

BTW, I forgot in my previous post... Welcome to the forum and sorry for the bad news.

Cheers, MB.

Welcome to the forum agreed with the above

Quote by M. Bäcker View Post
    Originals are rare and thus valuable. I think nowadays they sell for a thousand Euros and more. So unscrupulous fakers may be tempted by an attractive margin. The one who tried it here didn't do very well and the result of his effort shouldn't fool those serious collectors who did the minimum amount of research before spending such big money.

Oh, and as this badge is a political award I'm afraid it may not even be useful for re-enactment. That is, unless political events are to be re-enacted.

BTW, I forgot in my previous post... Welcome to the forum and sorry for the bad news.

Cheers, MB.
    no, it's fine, I'm grateful for the prompt help and advice, also I've found a great forum, so all is not lost! I'll maybe just have it mounted and display it at home, I'll just not tell the family that Grandad was, shall we say, economical with the truth in this matter ... Alan

Here is an example of the similar 1925 badge for comparison.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1923 Gau Badge   1923 Gau Badge  

1923 Gau Badge  
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Welcome to the forum Alan and thank you for posting your badge. Despite the fact the information about it wasn't favourable, it has provided a useful reference tool for anyone who uses the forum to research this award.
    I like the way you've taken the comments about the badge on the chin and with humour and good grace!

Thank you to Steve for moving the thread.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I agree Adrian - A very good reference.

Shows too how history and facts can become
    obscured over the years.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

As stated to early for Ges Gesh and lacks the quality especially the date!.Overall quality is not right for this scarce badge

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast