Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

1935 deumer pilots badge

Article about: Hi, We have what we believe to be a 1935 deumer pilots badge we are wanting to find out a value on. Any idea? Also where we might be able to sell Third Reich items.. we have several other it

cinmoon1
    ?

Default 1935 deumer pilots badge

Hi, We have what we believe to be a 1935 deumer pilots badge we are wanting to find out a value on. Any idea? Also where we might be able to sell Third Reich items.. we have several other items as well.. Let me know. THanks Lee Ann

cinmoon1@roadrunner.com
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1935 deumer pilots badge   1935 deumer pilots badge  

2. # ADS

Default Re: 1935 deumer pilots badge

I have some concerns over the length of the pin, the rivets, and the lack of curvature of the badge. Do you know it's exact weight?

cinmoon1
    ?

with the arm band the weight is 51 grams..

You need to weigh it without that "thing" around it, and take some better, close up pictures of it, to stand a chance of some replies on this one. These are HEAVILY faked, and some are quite well done. I can only say what i see, but the rivets, do not, to me, seem right. The badge should weigh 47 grms. But that still won't confirm if it is real, some measurements would also help. to give you an idea, wing span 66.1
    Height 53.1

And a close up of the pin hardware, Deumer had their own distinct feature on that

Any more than that it would indicate a cast copy. The makers mark should be slightly raised, not stamped in, and the front of the eagle where it has rubbed slightly appears to be the wrong kind of metal. But as i said, better pictures are needed

cinmoon1
    ?

here is a pic of the hardware.. dimensions seem right...weight without arm badge is 43 grams
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1935 deumer pilots badge   1935 deumer pilots badge  

Well the hardware looks correct.
    Deumer had those distinctive lines going down at the top of the hinge, Still got some concerns over the rivets, and the pins a bit long, but it is looking like a good one Lets see what others think

cinmoon1
    ?

thank you... we would be happy to entertain offers....cant find one of these active on any sites we've searched so far... is this more rare then the other makers

?

Hi Cinmoon1.
    i like the look of the deumer badge. it has the stamped in logo like all others i have seen, and shows the same rivit and other construction as the one shown on this link.
    Luftwaffe Pilot's Badge
    i'm going by all the others i have found recently on the net.
    this site gives good examples of the most desirable forms of the badges. but states not all the variations. very interesting reading.
    andrew