Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1936 Olympics Bronze Table Medal

Article about: What exactly is this?? Are these rare??? Thank you very much for your help!! Regards, Sam

Default 1936 Olympics Bronze Table Medal

What exactly is this?? Are these rare??? Thank you very much for your help!!

Regards,

Sam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1936 Olympics Bronze Table Medal   1936 Olympics Bronze Table Medal  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1936 Olympics Bronze Table Medal
    P
    Many

Default Re: 1936 Olympics Bronze Table Medal

I have seen hundreds of variations of Hitler Youth pins and Olympic pins/medals. What are the measurements of this piece?

Corey

70 mm in diameter.

Regards,

Sam

I would be very wary of this item. It's a participation medal for the '36 Berlin Olympics. There were just under 4000 participents and 20,000 medals were minted. They were designed by Otto Placzek and are 70mm (2 3/4") diameter. they were presented in a circular red leatherette case with the Olympic bell design on the lid.

As this is an Olympic year these medals have started appearing absolutely everywhere along with other Berlin associated knicknacks, on ebay, ioffer etc. etc.

Many of these XI Olympiade items are now being faked to cash in on the 3rd Reich connection, just see how many participation medals you can find from other games, nowhere near as many. If you were to consider one, look for one with a genuine aged patina, dark chocolate or nearly black, not polished like this one. And it must be in an original case put together with animal glue. Be very careful where you tread, these fakes will end up fooling many 'sports fans' believe me!

Scroll down for an example of one of these fakes, Wow!....A bargain at 15 bucks.

PzG - Third Reich Nazi Adolf Hitler ww2 HQ!

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thanks Ned. There are other pictures without flash which look much darker. I think these were poor quality. It is listed in WAF so the guy has some pretty good history.

Regards,
    Sam

Here is a link I used to compare. It matches up pretty well I think.

Olympic Games Participation Medal 1936

Regards,

Sam

Can anyone else help with this? Thank you!

Sam

Quote by sam1chlt View Post
    Thanks Ned. There are other pictures without flash which look much darker. I think these were poor quality. It is listed in WAF so the guy has some pretty good history.

Regards,
    Sam
    Maybe so, but he has an Olympic Rings style Car badge up as well, and the originality of that is being questioned. Looking at it, the poor general finish, sloppy casting on the reverse side is visible and the lack of a makers name/mark makes this a bit of a step too far for me. But it's your money Sam, why not be prepared and buy an original in it's case of issue, they do come around, but are obviously more expensive. But hey, it's entirely up to you, I would personally not go near this with a barge pole unless I was 1000% certain of it's authenticity, and in this case, I'm not....

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hello there,

Can we see a side shot of this one, are there any markings on the rim?

William Kramer

?

Quote by sam1chlt View Post
    Here is a link I used to compare. It matches up pretty well I think.
    Matching up pretty well isn't really good enough Sam, it should match up alot better than that. Does anyone know how many manufacturers made these medals? There are several differences between the one in post #1 and the one in the link Sam provided, different makers may account for these small differences.

I can't help further with authenticity but I fully associate myself with Ned's points in post #4 - be very wary.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast