Become our sponsor and display your banner here

1936 Spanish Uprising Next Of Kin Medal....Confirmation

Article about: I picked this medal up recently and I'm wanting to confirm my research. From what I have read it appears to be a 1936 next of kin badge issued to families whose relative was killed in the Sp

Default 1936 Spanish Uprising Next Of Kin Medal....Confirmation

I picked this medal up recently and I'm wanting to confirm my research. From what I have read it appears to be a 1936 next of kin badge issued to families whose relative was killed in the Spanish uprising. Supposably there were only around 300 of these made. I know this one is missing an eagle and it's ribbon, and it does appear to have been repaired. I would like to hear your thoughts on this piece as I value the members of this boards opinions.

thanks in advance,

richard
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1936 Spanish Uprising Next Of Kin Medal....Confirmation   1936 Spanish Uprising Next Of Kin Medal....Confirmation  

1936 Spanish Uprising Next Of Kin Medal....Confirmation   1936 Spanish Uprising Next Of Kin Medal....Confirmation  

1936 Spanish Uprising Next Of Kin Medal....Confirmation  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1936 Spanish Uprising Next Of Kin Medal....Confirmation
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: 1936 Spanish Uprising Next Of Kin Medal....Confirmation

Hi Richard, this is a standard brozne Spanish Cross without swords. The next of kin version was actually a medal on a ribbon and not a pin back award.

Cheers, Ade.

KSH
    ?

I don't have extensive knowledge on these awards, but I think that the Spanienkreuz for next of kin shouldn't have a pin-back system. They are supposed to have a jump ring soldered on to hold the suspension ring and ribbon? More like the KVK2. Are you sure this isn't a bronze grade of this cross without swords? I also think it appears to be bigger than the next of kin version, which is smaller than a normal Spanienkreuz, but it might just be a mistake on my part.

I see the others already are on top of this

- Kenneth

Thanks to everyone for your time and input. I appreciate your responses as it helps me and others identiify relics from our past.

richard