Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes, Good/Bad?

Article about: Folks, It always good to get the opinions of fellow collectors, especially when you haven't been around in many years. I picked these up at an Allentown show around 1975. Real? Comments welc

?

Default 1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes, Good/Bad?

Folks, It always good to get the opinions of fellow collectors, especially when you haven't been around in many years. I picked these up at an Allentown show around 1975. Real? Comments welcome, Thanks, Frank
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes, Good/Bad?   1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes, Good/Bad?  

1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes, Good/Bad?   1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes, Good/Bad?  

Last edited by rbminis; 09-21-2014 at 06:58 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes, Good/Bad?
    P
    Many

Frank, straight on photos of the reverse of the EK I spange would enable us to see the pin shape.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Frank,
    Unsure of EK1 spange.
    The EKII spange however, in my opinion is a fake:
    -sloppy eagle head details
    -excess metal between head and wing on right side
    -Distance of feathers between wings and legs are different
    -Prongs on back are continuous.

Hope that helps.
    (moderators I believe this thread needs to be moved to the proper forum?)

Regards,
    Attached Images Attached Images 1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes, Good/Bad?  1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes, Good/Bad? 

Both are bad IMO. Sorry, Stewy

I wasn't aware Berg & Nolte produced spanges of either class, could the EK1 spange be made by another firm and then sold by B&NL similar to some other makers did with other badges? Or is it more likely a fake?

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by Stewy S View Post
    Both are bad IMO. Sorry, Stewy
    After viewing this thread again, I am inclined to agree with Stewy.
    As far as I know, B&N L did not make any spange nor sell any under their name. I don't like the hinge plate or the catch plate and it does not match any that I have seen.
    The EK II spange in my opinion is also a reproduction.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hardware's way off for an original Spange IMO. Stewy

Meybauer used something similar, although not the same, on their 1st pattern and some of their early 2nd pattern spanges. Here's a couple of pics from different badges. Also note the obverse pic of one of their 2nd pattern eagles, very similar to that of the O.P. Interesting....

1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes, Good/Bad?1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes, Good/Bad?1939 Spange zum Eisernen Kreuzes, Good/Bad?
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

It is the big square catch late and the notch in the hinge plate that I do not like. The eagle would be similar if they were casting from an original. If I am not mistaken, I also see some casting flaws on the reverse of the wing of the EK I spange. Hence, the request for better photos.
    Ralph.

Quote by rbminis View Post
    As far as I know, B&N L did not make any spange nor sell any under their name.
    Ralph.
    After doing a little more research, I found this statement was incorrect. They did manufacture EK I spange but, were marked L/56 and none of them were similar to this one in any way.
    Ralph.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast