Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

1st Oktober Sudetenland Medal for opinions please

Article about: Looking at this oktober medal, and the pin setup is kind of odd compared to other examples I've found, and the ribbon is lighter in color also. Did they come like this?

Default 1st Oktober Sudetenland Medal for opinions please

Looking at this oktober medal, and the pin setup is kind of odd compared to other examples I've found, and the ribbon is lighter in color also. Did they come like this?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1st Oktober Sudetenland Medal for opinions please
    P
    Many

Although I'm not familiar with that particular type of ribbon-mount...overall an attractive set...
    Glenn

Thanks Glenn. I hope the mount is okay. I have to pay or back out as the seller tells me they have others waiting for it, and I kind of leaped before looking on it when it came up since they move so fast. He didn't want to tie it up.

This is by no means a scarce award....I see them regularly from $80-$100...

Although this whole set is in very nice condition, it has an unusual method of attaching this one. Not one I would buy if I had any intention of selling and getting my money back at a later date.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thanks for the feedback guys. That's a shame that the pin attachment puts it in question.

Personally, I'm not all that liking of what I am seeing. I would pass on it. As Glenn said, they are not a scarce or expensive medal set to find. There are Many more out there that are of less questionable aspect.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks William. Is it just the pin attachment, or is the whole set suspect in your opinion?

Actually, there's alot that I'm not in love with on this medal. The pin, of course,and how it's stitched but other things like the case, the eagle on the case, the over all too newness of the medal...it exhibits no age at all. The design of the base of the platform varies considerably on these pieces, the chains, etc. It's nothing that I would want to put money in to. Finding a non-controversial one should be absolutely no trouble. They're not all that much in price. I see them all the time. The Memel, on the other hand, is fairly tough to find. Of the 3 Flower Wars, it's by far the priciest and most heavily faked.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I don't like this one either for all the reasons given above.
    That pin for my money is just wrong and is a modern type, it looks to be chromed. That in itself wouldn't stop me as more often than not these came without a pin anyway. However, this is supposed to be over 70 years old and looks like it is still "warm". I have never seen even a mint example in such a shiny new state. I don't like the appearance of the medal itself and the ribbon is highly suspect and looks to me to be too narrow, it should be almost as wide as the inside of the case. It might be the pictures but the suspension ring looks too big as well. I wouldn't mind betting that the seller has more than one and I would be very wary of a seller that is saying "hurry up, other buyers are waiting". Walk away from this one. As said by other posters this is not rare and you will find a nice one soon enough for a decent price. By the way, what is this one going for? Too much by any standard I expect.

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast