Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The Coburg Badge

Article about: Wonderful material, seldom seen. Thank you.

Default The Coburg Badge

This badge was awarded to individuals who accompanied Hitler to a Germanic Day in the City of Coburg, held on the 14th-15th October, 1922.
    Coburg had a substantial Communist Party, that attempted to prevent the Nazi Party from having a rally. After several bloody confrontations, the Nazis prevailed. I believe this is the earliest Party event commeorated with an official decoration. My badge is an example of the second issue of the badge or the R Z M pattern.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Coburg Badge   The Coburg Badge  

The Coburg Badge  
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement The Coburg Badge
    P
    Many

Default Re: The Coburg Badge

A wonderful piece of early history of the NSDAP. Seldom seen and not appreciated in the wider collector sphere in the manner that such a thing should be. Thanks for sharing from your treasures.

Thumbs up Re: The Coburg Badge

Hi Bob

Definitely a rare and expensive badge that you got there. Does anyone of you have the silver version of this badge in their collection?

Greetz

Nick VR

gar
    ?

super looking badge Bob

SS Ring Man
    ?

Bob you luckey Dog You a nother Great Item

Afrika
    ?

Thumbs up Re: The Coburg Badge

Great badge!

Afrika

The issuance of the 2nd type from the first type had to be a very short duration. Only the pin and hinge were changed to a more sturdy type and the RZM mark (without maker designation) which was the 'proof' for the inproved attachment device. I would say the production run was almost immediately following the issue with rather flimsy pins and hinges. The planchett was the same and struck from the same die set.

Bob Hritz

Being new here I found this older thread on the Coburg badge which was one of the most important award of the NSDAP along with the Blood Order. This badge was designed by Hitler as you can see from the following sketch. I have also included a 1st type from my own collection. Best, Erich
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Coburg Badge  
    Attached Images Attached Images The Coburg Badge 

Hi Erich, welcome to the forum! And thanks for adding your badge and the scan of the sketch, which I had not seen before.

Cheers, Ade.

Hello Adrian and thanks for your kind welcome. Here is a window in a private US collection taken from a home belonging to the Gauleiter of Thuringen.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture The Coburg Badge  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast