Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

25 Treuedienst-Ehrenzeichen in Silber

Article about: Hi, guys. Just wanted to get your opinions on this 25 yr. Civil Service cross... I've wanted one for a while now and was going to get this one. I'm certain it's genuine, just wanted a little

Default 25 Treuedienst-Ehrenzeichen in Silber

Hi, guys. Just wanted to get your opinions on this 25 yr. Civil Service cross... I've wanted one for a while now and was going to get this one. I'm certain it's genuine, just wanted a little feedback on it. It looks like it retains a whole lot of it's finish/frosting and is in good condition. I can't really tell if it's the photo or some kind of blemish or factory defect on the upper right side of the top of the obverse of the cross.
    The price is $60 which I thought was a pretty good deal (all incl, shipped to the USA from Germany.)
    I was also curious if there's any way to tell if this cross and box are an original pair with the cross in fact being made by the maker that is named on the box? Is this possible to tell or were the suspension rings stamped on these? My feeling is that it may be a bit like the mutter kreuz in that one can't really ever tell.

Anyways, thanks for any thoughts, info or feedback
    Best to you all,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 25 Treuedienst-Ehrenzeichen in Silber   25 Treuedienst-Ehrenzeichen in Silber  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 25 Treuedienst-Ehrenzeichen in Silber
    P
    Many

Default re: 25 Treuedienst-Ehrenzeichen in Silber

Again, the possible "blemish" I'm referring to is on the upper right section of the cross itself (not the wreath) running along the right edge. Enamel looks pretty good on this one...

Thanks for the feedback, guys and for your patience with my obsessive attention to detail
    -Adam

It´s a nice one I only have a 50 year service cross yet but I will buy a 25 and a 40 to some day
    /Mike

Nice clean example.

Cheers, Ade.

Totally good piece. I just bought one and paid $95 for it but I have seen them go for a bit more. Hopefully you can get it for that truly decent price!

You have a beauty there Adam. I think the mark that you think is a blemish is actually a reflection. If you notice in the first photo the cross is laying flat. In the second photo of the back, it's tilted up. This one definitely looks like a mint, unissued cross, very nice with an enviable price. I have one of these and handled maybe five. None of them had a stamped ring. That is far from being conclusive, so maybe someone else can chim in with more info. Hope you're able to add this one to your collection.

Jay

Thanks for all the feedback and comments, guys...much appreciated I sealed the deal today so this should be arriving soon! I really do agree that it's a nice example and I think these crosses are very nice in general. I am really looking forward to it and will take my own pictures to post here when it arrives.

Thanks again, all
    Best,
    Adam

Quote by aechols83 View Post
    Thanks for all the feedback and comments, guys...much appreciated I sealed the deal today so this should be arriving soon! I really do agree that it's a nice example and I think these crosses are very nice in general. I am really looking forward to it and will take my own pictures to post here when it arrives.

Thanks again, all
    Best,
    Adam
    Nice purchase Adam, looking forward to seeing your pics

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Hey, guys. Well I FINALLY received this cross yesterday. It got lost in the mail and took me a bit to track it down. Anyways, here are my own photos to share as promised. Thanks again for the earlier replies and hope you enjoy the photos. Really happy with this one!

Best to you all,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 25 Treuedienst-Ehrenzeichen in Silber   25 Treuedienst-Ehrenzeichen in Silber  

25 Treuedienst-Ehrenzeichen in Silber  

?

Excellent cross in supreb condition Adam, even the case is very well preserved.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast