Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

3 Medal Convolute & More

Article about: Hi Everyone, I was fortunate enough on Saturday to turn up a three medal convolute, plus a RAD cap badge and tinnie / broach. 4 year and 12 year Luftwaffe Service Medals both on ribbon with

?

Default 3 Medal Convolute & More

Hi Everyone,
    I was fortunate enough on Saturday to turn up a three medal convolute, plus a RAD cap badge and tinnie / broach.

4 year and 12 year Luftwaffe Service Medals both on ribbon with clips
    2nd form RAD cap badge from Arbeitsgau XXX Bayern - Hochland
    WW1- von Hindernburg tinnie / broach

Finally a small mystery, Bravery award to a member of a Eastern Folk Group, looking at the ribbon it should be from the silver class. As you can see every last trace of the silver wash has disappeared (if it was ever there) I'm thinking of giving it a silver dip. What would members advise. Any advice welcome.

Regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 3 Medal Convolute & More   3 Medal Convolute & More  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 3 Medal Convolute & More
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: 3 Medal Convolute & More

Nice haul Alec! Dipping the Ostvolk medal won't do anything to it. If the medal is made of zinc the silver finish has been lost to time and you're just left with the base metal, nothing you can do will restore the original colour because it simply isn't there.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Nice items ! When you get time please can you show close ups of the RAD badge

Thanks

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Thanks for the posts,
    Adrian, the more I look at the medal, the more I think its a bronze one on the wrong ribbon, I can't find a single trace anywhere on the medal of silver wash. I read usually the hanging ring retains some wash, but its bronze colour all over. I need another ribbon.

Nick
    Here's front & reverse pictures of RAD Cap Badge. The one I showed at the thread start has a quite black reverse - hard to bring out details. The pictures are from same cleaner badge.
    Regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 3 Medal Convolute & More  
    Attached Images Attached Images 3 Medal Convolute & More