Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

4 Year Armed Services Medal w/ Luftwaffe Clasp & Police Long Service Medal: Authentic pieces?

Article about: Hi, everyone. So I saw these two pieces at a gun show last weekend and the seller emailed me today saying he hadn't sold them and they were still available. What do you guys think about thes

Exclamation 4 Year Armed Services Medal w/ Luftwaffe Clasp & Police Long Service Medal: Authentic pieces?

Hi, everyone. So I saw these two pieces at a gun show last weekend and the seller emailed me today saying he hadn't sold them and they were still available. What do you guys think about these...authentic/good buys? I was told the police medal was 2nd class and for 18 years of service. I'm only concerned because they look good (the Armed Services Medal looks maybe too good?), they were selling very cheap and he didn't sell them. Any help with these or opinions are really appreciated.

Best,
    Adam
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 4 Year Armed Services Medal w/ Luftwaffe Clasp & Police Long Service Medal: Authentic pieces?   4 Year Armed Services Medal w/ Luftwaffe Clasp & Police Long Service Medal: Authentic pieces?  

4 Year Armed Services Medal w/ Luftwaffe Clasp & Police Long Service Medal: Authentic pieces?   4 Year Armed Services Medal w/ Luftwaffe Clasp & Police Long Service Medal: Authentic pieces?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 4 Year Armed Services Medal w/ Luftwaffe Clasp & Police Long Service Medal: Authentic pieces?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: 4 Year Armed Services Medal w/ Luftwaffe Clasp & Police Long Service Medal: Authentic pieces?

I don't collect these medals but an observation on the Luft award is that the rim around the edge appears to be missing (?) or is it the light/angle of the photo? Also, the eagle's head looks more like a pigeon.......

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Default Re: 4 Year Armed Services Medal w/ Luftwaffe Clasp & Police Long Service Medal: Authentic pieces?

Quote by AdrianC View Post
    I don't collect these medals but an observation on the Luft award is that the rim around the edge appears to be missing (?) or is it the light/angle of the photo? Also, the eagle's head looks more like a pigeon.......
    Lol, i agree with the pigeon head, maybe thats one of the reasons why it wasnt sold
    Best regards
    Nuno

Haha...it does look like a pigeon's head now that you mention it. Would that fall under "crude" or "lack of detail" pointing to it being bad? Also I don't think it's the photo/light/angle...from what I remember of looking at this in person it didn't have show a rim around the front like it does on the back. Bad piece? The other piece seems okay to me...what do u think?

-Adam

?

Quote by aechols83 View Post
    Haha...it does look like a pigeon's head now that you mention it. Would that fall under "crude" or "lack of detail" pointing to it being bad? Also I don't think it's the photo/light/angle...from what I remember of looking at this in person it didn't have show a rim around the front like it does on the back. Bad piece? The other piece seems okay to me...what do u think?

-Adam
    I would pass on the Luft, there are plenty more out there without issues but with proper eagles!
    The police medal I really can't comment on as I don't know anything about them, however, it does look ok.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

I agree with Adrian on the LW 4 year.

The 18 yr LS looks ok from the pics

Here are a couple of comparisons

Nick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 4 Year Armed Services Medal w/ Luftwaffe Clasp & Police Long Service Medal: Authentic pieces?  
    Attached Images Attached Images 4 Year Armed Services Medal w/ Luftwaffe Clasp & Police Long Service Medal: Authentic pieces? 
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Stay well away IMO. Stewy S

?

Dont touch the Luft. I compared to mine and it lacks way too much detail! The polizei normally demands alot more money. I dont have one to compare but I would find some origionals like Wolfspears for comparison.