Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Looking to buy Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse, what are your opinions of these?

Article about: Hey guys, so I am looking to buy a good condition EK I 1939 medal to add to my collection and have been browsing around to purchase one. I've been trying to weed out the fakes from the real

?

Default Looking to buy Eisernes Kreuz 1. Klasse, what are your opinions of these?

Hey guys, so I am looking to buy a good condition EK I 1939 medal to add to my collection and have been browsing around to purchase one. I've been trying to weed out the fakes from the real ones and have narrowed it down to a few (for now). I'm not an expert at spotting a fake or authentic at all thats why I thought I'd ask you guys for your opinions too. The markings indicate they were real manufacturers back then but I guess even those can be faked.

Medal 1, L10 Marking:
    y-4773 (73).jpgy-4773 (72).jpgy-4773 (71).jpgy-4773 (70).jpg

Medal 2, 26 Marking:
    y-4773 (78).jpgy-4773 (77).jpg

Medal 3, 65 Marking:
    y-4774 (5).jpgy-4774 (3).jpg

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by rbminis; 01-26-2015 at 09:56 PM. Reason: Edited title to use the correct German terminology.

All look good to me

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

All look good to me as well.

?

IMO, the last of these three is the finest...

IMHO, 65, K&Q is the nicest
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

I agree with Ralph, the 65 K&Q has a distinctive needle not often encountered and decent Frosting remaining...The L/10 has a misshapen needle...The 26 BH Mayer is more common (I have one, but unmarked)...Now of course, price is important...Don't pay more than you have to, friend...
    And welcome to the Forum,
    Glenn

My vote is for the 65 K&Q. You can never go wrong with a K&Q

I'll take the Deschler any day !

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

?

Thank you very much for your advice guys it really helps a lot! I've bought one in the past, turned out to be a fake, now I know more or less what to look for, but the advice on this board is invaluable!
    If you guys were to buy an 1939 Iron Cross first class, which one would you be looking for in terms of rarity?

They want $500 for each of those but I think its too much.

Andrei

$500 for an uncased EKI is ROBBERY...Check out PhillipMilitaria.com...These start at $150-$175! Cased EKI go for $300 and up, but $500 is absurd, Andrei...
    Glenn

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast