Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

About ribbon bars and awards

Article about: I was wondering if wound badges had a corresponding ribbon for the bar? I've been looking on the net and seem to be getting not very far in my research. I just wanted a couple of awards for

Default About ribbon bars and awards

I was wondering if wound badges had a corresponding ribbon for the bar? I've been looking on the net and seem to be getting not very far in my research. I just wanted a couple of awards for my display case to accent my Russian medals.

I'd like to portray a Landser who's done a little more than just seen the elephant. I was thinking somewhere along the lines of this officer, with his infantry badge, ek1? and wound badge.

About ribbon bars and awards

I've found some ribbon bars with an EK2 and Ostfront, and that's pretty close to want I want. Was the EK2 worn on the pocket like this? Sorry for so many questions at once, but I think I'm close and just want to double check before I spend the money. Thank you for your time and help

Paul

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement About ribbon bars and awards
    P
    Many

Default Re: About ribbon bars and awards

This is just a suggestion, but the whole infanterie sturmabzeichen/EKII ribbon combo looks great in my opinion. Your soldat will looks experienced yet classy. Here's how it looks on my M43.

(You guys may not have known it, but I used to host this show called 'Queer Eye for the Nazi Guy'.)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture About ribbon bars and awards  

That's a cool looking set up, nice and salty too. Thanks for the idea, and I'm sure you were a really good host too lol

The Wound Badge was worn as a pinback badge on the left breast; it did not have a corresponding ribbon bar. (Except for its 1957 re-incarnation, but that's not relevant here.)

The full-size EK2 was not worn on everyday service. It's ribbon was either worn in the buttonhole or - as seen here - on a ribbon bar. This was optional and up to the wearer to decide, but it was officially prohibited to wear both simultaneously. (Although this was often ignored.)

By the way, the man in the above photograph is Theodor Tolsdorff, who would end the war as a Generalleutnant and holder of the Oak Leaves with Swords and Diamonds to his RK.

Thank you very much, that's what I've been wondering about, but hadn't been able to find the information (google isn't my friend) That's helps very much, now I have to just decide how to make the display. Now I'm off to look for a salty IAB