Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Absolute Frustration - Found What I'm Looking For But Can't Buy Due to High Ask Prices

Article about: Hello All, I want to relate and share an experience that I'm sure most, if not all, of you experience at least one time in your collecting life. Have you ever searched high and low for items

Luther
    ?

Default Absolute Frustration - Found What I'm Looking For But Can't Buy Due to High Ask Prices

Hello All,

I want to relate and share an experience that I'm sure most, if not all, of you experience at least one time in your collecting life.

Have you ever searched high and low for items, then only to find them being offered by a dealer that is asking 2X, 5X and/or 10X current market price trends?

Today I finally located some superb factory worker badges only to have my hopes dashed when I looked at the asking prices. In one instance, he is asking $1800 for a badge that I can purchase right now for $200! Plus shipping is $90 to the U.S. I mean Eeegatts!

There are a couple of dealers out there like this. They have truly terrific items - the creme de la creme, but it never sells since it is priced in the stratosphere.

But if I've learned anything, eventually something that will send waves of excitement to your brain will always come along. Patience in this hobby is a real virtue.

2. # ADS

Default Re: Absolute Frustration - Found What I'm Looking For But Can't Buy Due to High Ask Prices

Hi Luther...
    I found some items like this! But it did say the items were from his private collection & were not priced to sell! maybe the same reason

Good hunting mate!
    Dan

Default Re: Absolute Frustration - Found What I'm Looking For But Can't Buy Due to High Ask Prices

Quote by bikerboyzx6r View Post
    Hi Luther...
    I found some items like this! But it did say the items were from his private collection & were not priced to sell! maybe the same reason

Good hunting mate!
    Dan
    probably to convince the wife that he at least trying to sell his stuff but priced it so that he wouldnt have to

Thanks

Danny

I definitely feel your pain Luther. In the collecting world, you hit it on the head when you said patience is certainly one of the most important virtues.

Jay

A lot of times, these guys price stuff high because they don't really know the true price in todays market for them and even inflate "junk" items they have as well...........

They can keep the stuff, because even though they may be genuine articles, the things are usually not in the best condition anyway.

If you're expected to pay top dollar on something, it better be "MINT" ! !

Regards, Steve.

Members who have read this thread: 0

There are no members to list at the moment.