Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Abzeichen Für Blockadebrecher

Article about: Please can you kind gentlemen cast your eyes over this badge and let me know what you think? Thanks Nick

Default Abzeichen Für Blockadebrecher

Please can you kind gentlemen cast your eyes over this badge and let me know what you think?

Thanks

Nick
    Attached Images Attached Images Abzeichen Für Blockadebrecher  Abzeichen Für Blockadebrecher  Abzeichen Für Blockadebrecher  Abzeichen Für Blockadebrecher  Abzeichen Für Blockadebrecher 
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Abzeichen Für Blockadebrecher
    P
    Many

Default Re: Abzeichen Für Blockadebrecher

Nick. It might just be me but the eagle's head looks a little off.

Luke

It looks o.k. to me Nick, obviously zinc, and is it one of those semi hollow back types? It looks it but I can't be sure with those pic's. They appeared mid to late war I believe. All in all a good 'un me thinks.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I like it, Nick... but can be mistaken
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Hey, Ned. I thought everything else checked out but I didn't think the eagle's face looked right. Oh well. This is why I usually stay quiet. Haha!

Luke

Thank you everyone , I am getting a lot positive feedback so sounds like a goer

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by rogge16 View Post
    Hey, Ned. I thought everything else checked out but I didn't think the eagle's face looked right. Oh well. This is why I usually stay quiet. Haha!

Luke
    Don't worry Luke, it's all a learning curve, and I've only really started on it recently myself!

The thing to really look at on this badge is the back.

Notice the highlighted area top left. the bridge and funnel are almost flat, like two steps. This a good sign as nearly all the fakes are not flat but convex almost like you'd draw an image of a fluffy cloud for want of a better allegory!

The hinge and clasp are absolutely correct for this Schwerin badge, all the fakes I've looked at recently are never the same as this, they're close, but not enough to fool the observant eye.

Finally, the MM script at the bottom is always larger than what we see here.

There is another type of bad 'un, the cast copy. The above mentioned correct points are evident, but the hinge and catch are invariably wrong; porosity holes and the overall appearance is soft as well as the fake being slightly smaller all around than a genuine piece as is normal when copying an original by sand casting.

I've highlighted some of the good points to look out for below.

Regards, Ned.
    Attached Images Attached Images Abzeichen Für Blockadebrecher 
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thank you so much, Ned. Very informative. I looked at it for a long time before I replied and was about to give it a thumbs up but I just thought the face looked wrong. Hopefully practice makes perfect. Thanks again.

Luke

?

Luke, don't ever worry about being wrong or holding back on an opinion in case you think it's wrong. Everybody here has been wrong at some point.
    It's far better to look at an item, and venture your thoughts rather than not say anything and far better to give an opinion after looking at an item and saying why you've come to your conclusion rather than taking on the 'sheep' way of doing it and just following the majority opinion.
    This is a discussion forum after all! We can discuss the wrong answers just as easily and these often provide more education for everyone.
    If you hadn't given your answer, Ned wouldn't have posted his pic with the highlighted areas. We can all learn from that!

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Thanks for the vote of confidence, Adrian. It's nice to know that here one can learn from their mistakes.

Luke

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast