Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Abzeichen Für Blockadebrecher, need help

Article about: Adrian Of course I admit to making a mistake. Heck, I admit to making them all the time, I usually don't post it for thousands to read, though.LOL I'm getting too old to care about the vanit

?

Default Abzeichen Für Blockadebrecher, need help

Hello
    what do you think about this one ?
    I don't think it's a good one, I don't recognize the Schwerin pin
    thanks for answers
    cordially
    Didier

Last edited by Adrian; 02-05-2012 at 08:06 AM. Reason: Title changed to use German terminology.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Abzeichen Für Blockadebrecher, need help
    P
    Many

Default Re: Blockade Breaker, need help

Didier

Definately not a TR award. It's so far off that it couldn't possibly be trying to fool anyone. The chain around the border, duck feet, calm seas waves, and cruise liner look are a few clues. Not picking on you and no offense intended, but you must be kidding?

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

?

Quote by Greenhorn View Post
    Didier

Definately not a TR award. It's so far off that it couldn't possibly be trying to fool anyone. The chain around the border, duck feet, calm seas waves, and cruise liner look are a few clues. Not picking on you and no offense intended, but you must be kidding?

Green
    Didier, can you take some more reverse shots please, of the hinge and pin? (And upload them to the forum instead of using photo hosting sites.)

Green, this is actually a very good representation of a Schwerin badge. It is not far off, it is very very close. Can you give anymore details about the features you mention and why you don't like them please? (The 'duck feet' are actually feathers on the trailing edge of the eagle's leg!)
    The obverse details are very good and I can't really pick much fault with them. The only reason I would fail it is on the reverse hardware. I'm asking for more pics just to be sure this hasn't been replaced.
    Last edited by Adrian; 02-05-2012 at 09:06 AM.

Looking for LDO marked EK2s and items relating to U-406.....

Default Re: Abzeichen Für Blockadebrecher, need help

I would agree that better photos would help...but it looks cast to me.

?

Hello Gentlemen
    I ask for more pictures
    He says to me it's a second model ??
    I really never seen a Schwerin pin like that ?
    cordially
    Didier

?

I can honestly say and I've just spent half an hour looking, that I have never seen a Schwerin badge with this reverse set up. It may be replaced hardware and hopefully more photos will make it clear.

?

I just receive this one
    Didier

?

Thanks for the additional photo Didier, unfortunately it confirms it being a fake.

Quote by Adrian View Post
    Didier, can you take some more reverse shots please, of the hinge and pin? (And upload them to the forum instead of using photo hosting sites.)

Green, this is actually a very good representation of a Schwerin badge. It is not far off, it is very very close. Can you give anymore details about the features you mention and why you don't like them please? (The 'duck feet' are actually feathers on the trailing edge of the eagle's leg!)
    The obverse details are very good and I can't really pick much fault with them. The only reason I would fail it is on the reverse hardware. I'm asking for more pics just to be sure this hasn't been replaced.
    Hi, Adrian

To err is human, and I was certainly very human when I posted. Just a case of "open mouth, insert foot prior to research", I thought this was a fantasy piece as it is the silliest looking badge/award in the Third Reich lineup, in my opinion. Most TR awards are very masculine and this is sort of weak, again, my opine. This was why I didn't search for originals to compare to.

Bichon, an apology is in line to you, sir! After further review, your example does appear to be very close to original. I am still newer and made a mistake thinking this was a fantasy piece. Thank you for the education, if not alittle embarrassing I certainly don't attempt to be a "know-it-all" but this one had me fooled.

To summarize, I was questioning the existance of this award, not the authenticity.

Green
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

?

I respect you for coming back and admitting a mistake Green. Fair play to you! At least you are aware of the Blockade Breaker badge now! And the one above is a fake.
    It is one of the most out of place awards when compared to other Kriegsabziechen which are oval and have gold wreaths etc.

I have to admit to not liking this badge design either. Not one of the best IMO.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast