Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Abzeichen Fur Blockadebrecher

Article about: I think you have a good and unusual variant there Leon. It seems between the obvious flatback and dishback vatiants.Interesting looking badge but an original IMO. It is nice to see your grow

Default Abzeichen Fur Blockadebrecher

"What'o chaps" , I think this one looks like a good original Schwerin badge to me , that said the seller does sell a lot of c*a* in my opinion and has done for years despite a "reputable" reputation. With that in mind I would value your thoughts before putting my money down! Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Abzeichen Fur Blockadebrecher  
    Attached Images Attached Images Abzeichen Fur Blockadebrecher  Abzeichen Fur Blockadebrecher  Abzeichen Fur Blockadebrecher 
    Last edited by FALLSCHIRMJAGER; 04-14-2014 at 05:17 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Abzeichen Fur Blockadebrecher
    P
    Many

It looks like the later zinc version with the retaining hook being attached via a small circular base plate.

IMO a good zinc Schwerin.

One of a couple of types produced by Schwerin.A second variant has a semi-scooped "dishback" reverse and a larger font on the makermark,although the badge above also has the large type font.Both of these variant reverses' can also be found on earlier tombak examples by Schwerin.

Here is a "dishback" example in tombak that i recently sold.

Regards,Martin.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Abzeichen Fur Blockadebrecher   Abzeichen Fur Blockadebrecher  

Last edited by martinw; 04-14-2014 at 06:25 PM.

Thank you both John and Martin for your quick and educated reply's. I think I will most probably go for this one but as I said at the start of the thread , as I have seen such a large quantity of fakes on this site over the years I felt it prudent to get some re-assurance! Thanks again fella's, Leon.

This is another badge i used to own and the one i meant to post above,a "dishback" example in zinc.

Regards,Martin.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Abzeichen Fur Blockadebrecher   Abzeichen Fur Blockadebrecher  

Just ordered it, Big Ned , please don't now come in and shoot us all down in flames!!(Ha Ha) Thanks again guys, Leon.

?

Can't help with this one Leon but I hope it turns out to be good?. & it is a lovely badge..Thanks for posting,Cheers Terry.

imo ok.

?

Quote by martinw View Post
    IMO a good zinc Schwerin.

One of a couple of types produced by Schwerin. A second variant has a semi-scooped "dishback" reverse and a larger font on the makermark,although the badge above also has the large type font. Both of these variant reverses' can also be found on earlier tombak examples by Schwerin.

Regards,Martin.
    Hi Guys,

I agree, looks like a good zinc Schwerin. As Martin mentions there are two types but I believe the one posted by Fallschirmjager is actually another "dishback" example like Martin's. It just has a less prominent "dish" than the examples posted by Martin. The maker mark defines the variant and you can see in Fallschirmjager's badge the two lines of text are close together, lower down and in the slightly larger font like the "Type 1" in this comparison (Martin's badge again). In contrast the "Type 2" badges with the completely flat back have the smaller font and wider spacing between the lines. Presumably the closer spacing in the "Type 1" allows it to remain clear of the dishback depression (although not leaving much room for the catch plate to clear the maker mark).

Best regards,
    ---Norm
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Abzeichen Fur Blockadebrecher  

?

Another nuance is the period after "FEC" in the Type 1 zincers. Some, like Martin's, have a very faint or absent period while it's crystal clear in others like Fallschirmjager's. This was discussed on other forums before and the thought was this is likely because of dirt filling the little hole in the production die, resulting in the absence of the period. I haven't yet seen the absent period in a Tombak version of the Type 1.

(I know what your thinking now. "He should get a life." )

Best regards,
    ---Norm

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast