Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Air Plane badge

Article about: Hi friends..How would you rate this badge..Material is tombac.Maybe in Dug? thx

Stalingrad1942
    ?

Default Air Plane badge

Hi friends..How would you rate this badge..Material is tombac.Maybe in Dug? thx
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Air Plane badge   Air Plane badge  

Air Plane badge   Air Plane badge  

Air Plane badge   Air Plane badge  

Air Plane badge  

2. # ADS

Default Re: Air Plane badge

I believe this is a good Motorfliegerabzeichen and really quite rare. There are a lot of fakes out there of this 2nd pattern badge, mainly from Poland, but I like the rear set up and patent number. These are what nearly always let these down, but the above one looks genuine to me. Pretty valuable too if in good condition, this one's not so good being ground dug, but would still command a decent price.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

I would agree with Ned.This badge is looking believable and well made.For sure a very rare badge,not often to find.Regarding the condition:It is possible,that the badge was bad stocked.It is looking not to be a real ground dug imo.

nice find.