Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen and Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch: authentic or fake?

Article about: by Adrian Stevenson Hi Richard, both look fine to me. If you can post separate threads for each badge in future that would be best. Also we have a pinned thread for the German language names

Default Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen and Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch: authentic or fake?

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the help Adrian about posting.

I am a new collector, I only have a few of the less expensive medals/badges so far, e.g. war merit crosses, west wall, RAD 4 year and Iron Cross II Class.

I don't know if this is really the case but combat badges seem far harder to tell for fakes than the general political awards and other medals?

I was thinking about buying the two awards contained in the pictures here and was wondering if anyone might have an idea about authenticity, the seller is asking £200 for the pair.

Thanks,

Richard.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen and Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch: authentic or fake?   Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen and Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch: authentic or fake?  

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen and Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch: authentic or fake?   Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen and Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch: authentic or fake?  

Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen and Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch: authentic or fake?   Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen and Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch: authentic or fake?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen and Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch: authentic or fake?
    P
    Many

Default re: Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen and Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch: authentic or fake?

Can anyone help???

Default re: Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen and Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch: authentic or fake?

I like them both Richard and 200 is a good price ( easily 1/2 the going rate )

The detail and catch on the minesweeper is nice as well as the gilt wash residue and the GAB with the integral catch and ejector marks also shows it's an original late war make. There are real experts here who will fill in my gaps for you but I would grab them if offered to me.
    Cheers, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Thanks Dan, I thought the front of the sub chasers badge looked a bit too evenly worn and in too nice a condition to be real.

On the general assault I saw a similar one on here be called fake so wasn't sure.

Are the non maker marked badges less collebtable?

The GAB is "1. 1. 4. Assman massive GAB with mold number 2" according to Frank Heukemes book, which is confirmed by the barely visible #2 half way down the badge

Larry

Thanks Larry, so looking like the GAB is a real one then and possibly the minesweepers one?

Hello

I am not much on KM war badges, however it appears to me to be an original Deumer L/11 horizontal pinned badge.

Not sure if the pictures will show up for you, this is from GCA (German Combat Awards) forum:
    GCA Forum | Access denied.

Larry

Hi Richard, both look fine to me.

If you can post separate threads for each badge in future that would be best.

Also we have a pinned thread for the German language names for the badges. I will edit these for you

I know there is a lot to learn, but you will soon find you feet!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Default Re: Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen and Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch: authentic or fake?

I can concur with Larry Richard that your Minesweeper is an unmarked Deumer in very nice condition

Well done...I hope you bought them

All the best
    Doug

Default Re: Allgemeines Sturmabzeichen and Kriegsabzeichen für Minensuch: authentic or fake?

Thanks for your advice guys, I purchased the pair for £195, seems like a good deal

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast